New Grad Nurse Residency Program (Various Locations)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The New Graduate Nursing Residency Program is tailored for graduating nursing students of accredited institutions to complete a twelve month curriculum within their assigned nursing unit.
A day in the life of a Registered Nurse at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Delivery of nursing practices according to the most up-to-date evidence-based research, nursing policies, and standards of care, to provide and ensure safe and excellent delivery of individualized patient care.
- Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues, and other members of the health care team regarding patient’s status, rendered care, and treatment plans.
- Medication administration utilizing the newest advancements in bar-scanning and documentation technologies designed to ensure the safest delivery of medications to our patients.
- Ongoing Point-of-Care electronic documentation of each individual patient’s assessments, plan-of-care, interventions, and evaluation of rendered care.
- Patient and family centered education aimed at optimizing health, wellness, and disease management.
- Multi-disciplinary discharging of patients to ensure safe transitioning and continuum of care.
- Valid New Jersey Nursing license
- CPR/BLS certification from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Degree in Nursing required (AAS, BS, or MS)* - BSN required for Hackensack University Medical Center
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs
- Strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers
- Exceptional focus on teamwork
- Dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus
*New RNs hired without a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing will be required to obtain a BSN within 3 years as a condition of employment.