We are searching for an experienced, professional full-time Medical Assistantfor our Cardiovascular and Venous center at Tyson’s Corner, VA. Perfect for those looking for a fast-paced environment and those that excel in a dynamic environment. Must have graduated a four-year college with a BA or BS or have received MA certification. Full benefits included. Salary is DOE.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain patient history, input patient vitals, and review medication/allergies.
- Assist Physician in exam rooms.
- Under the supervision of the physician, or other surgical personnel while ensuring the procedures rooms are sterile and are supplied with the equipment needed for daily procedures.
- Escort Patients to exam rooms, interview patients, measure vital signs including blood pressure, peripheral pulses, auscultate heart/lungs, visualize lower extremities, document all information in EHR patient chart.
- Take Lower Extremity measurements for fitted compression stockings.
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments.
- Maintain crash cart and document checklist and inventory as instructed.
- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e.: emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, CO2, etc.)
- Perform EKG.
- Provide feedback and answers to patient calls as appropriate.
- Prepare the procedure room for procedures scheduled for the day.
- Ensure that all procedure equipment is tested and sterilized.
- Assist with pre-procedure preparation of patients.
- Position the patient on the exam table according to procedural guidelines.
- Prep and drape the patient for the procedure following sterile technique.
- Assist physician with sterile gowning and gloving.
- Assist physician during procedures; hands wires, catheters, syringes, surgical instruments, etc. as needed.
- Dress the patient’s procedural sites and assist in the placement of compressive ace bandages and/or compressive stockings following physician orders.
- Post procedure, clean, stock and maintain equipment & instrument according to company guidelines.
- Dispose of waste properly.
- Adhere to all infection control, universal precautions, and safety policies.
- Utilize appropriate customer service skills during interactions with patients, physicians’ visitors, staff, and other personnel.
- Maintain inventory of surgical equipment so that the center does not run out of surgical supplies but also does not oversupply the center.
- Maintain accurate records related to receipt of medical supplies and assure amounts received agree with related packing slips.
- Train new Surgical Tech staff as needed.
- All other duties as assigned by Clinical Director or Practice Administrator.
- Scrubbing in to assist with procedures
- Prepares and positions patient for diagnostic imaging procedure
- Completes forms and maintains records, logs and reports of work performed
- Monitor patients during procedures, operating a C-Arm (within the scope of practice)
- Prepares equipment which includes cleaning and sterilizing instruments, maintain inventory of medical supplie
Education/Experience: Associates or technical degree.Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience with Electronic Health Record (EHR), a plus.Job Type: Full-time
- Minimum 2 years of experience working as a Medical/Surgical Assistant.
- MA certification or BA/BS degree.
- CPR certified.
- Able to obtain vitals, patient history, and perform EKG.
- Must be within a 10-mile radius of Tyson’s Corner, VA.
- MA certification or BA/BS degree
- Excellent clinical skills.
- Must have a strong work ethic & detail oriented.
- Excellent customer service by being sensitive to patients’ needs and feelings.
- Dedicated to follow-through and results.
- Flexibility and adaptability as it relate to schedules, responsibilities and priorities
- Knowledge of physician medical practices preferable.
- The ability to interact with, support, and influence positively the behavior and activities of patients, physicians, and staff/co-employees.
- Strong organizational skills.
- The ability to work independently and as a cooperative member of a team.