Mia Aesthetics is a leading provider in plastic surgery services with a growing top-tier staff of plastic surgeons, expanding locations nationwide, and well over 50,000 satisfied patients. Our mission is to bring beauty and cost-efficiency into reality. At Mia Aesthetics we provide the highest quality plastic surgery, all at affordable prices.
- Our Core Values: Patients First, Collaborate Openly, Respect for Others, and Execute with Purpose.
A Registered Nurse provides planned, skilled nursing care for patients in the critical postoperative period. Provides continuous patient surveillance for early recognition and immediate response to medical or surgical complications that may arise in any postoperative patient.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participates in primary care of patients as needed and makes rounds as indicated to verify the patient needs are met
- Provides nursing care to meet patient needs related to surgical condition
- Monitors patients and informs surgeons or anesthesiologist immediately of observed complications
- Assists in coordinating patient care activities with medical staff and healthcare team members to provide for continuity of patient care
- Documents that information received from the patient is disseminated to the appropriate people or areas
- Documents and carries out Pre/Post-Operative orders given by Surgeon, as well as documents all information for post anesthesia care of patient
- Assists nursing staff in identifying and solving nursing care problems
- Collaborates medical staff and healthcare team members in developing coordinated outcomes and interventions regarding patient progress and care
- Assists with nursing activities during emergencies
- Educates and provides instruction to patient and family members on post-operative care
- Effectively organizes time, equipment, supplies and personnel for management patient care
- Maintains order and cleanliness of postoperative areas
- Assists in inventory of supplies, drugs and equipment to maintain availability and stock levels in postoperative areas
- Follows established HIPPA policies and procedures at all times
- Assumes accountability and responsibility for attendance and timely completion of mandatory training programs, unit specific requirements (i.e. CEUs/ACLS/BLS) and unit meetings.
· Advanced knowledge of medical terminology
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills across various audiences (i.e. staff, visitors, patients, family members and physicians)
· Superior listening skills with the ability to quickly comprehend instructions in emergency situations
Education and Experience:
· Associates degree or bachelor’s required
· Graduation from Accredited School of Nursing
· Holds and maintains an active Registered Nurse License and educational requirements
· Hold and maintains an active Multistate Registered Nurse License or will obtain one if hired
· Holds and maintains an active BLS and ACLS certification
· Minimum 1 year of PACU experience required
· Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
· Prolonged periods of standing, bending and reaching low or overhead
· Ability to move quickly in response to physician and patient needs
· High-level visual and auditory acuity for timely response and patient care assessment activities
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally, up to 20 lbs. frequently and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly
· Patient care may require the ability to exert force of up to 30 lbs. constantly, up to 40 lbs. occasionally, and up to 100 lbs. rarely
· Category I exposure to bloodborne pathogens; frequent exposure to chemical hazards; may encounter radiation hazards
· Required weekly travel between local clinics
· Up to 25% required travel between out of state clinics
Mia Aesthetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Join us: https://miaaesthetics.com/careers/