Campaign Coordinator, United to Beat Malaria
The Campaign Coordinator, United to Beat Malaria will be a critical member of the United to Beat Malaria team, reporting to the Senior Grassroots Advocacy Officer.
She/he/they provide campaign coordination, operational, event, advocacy and partnership support to the United to Beat Malaria team.
We seek someone who is high-energy, has excellent organizational and communication skills, and is attentive to detail. A successful Campaign Coordinator will value close collaboration with Team members but will also be self-motivated and able to work independently.
This position is an integral part of a supportive and rewarding, close-knit team devoted to identifying, cultivating, and stewarding partners, supporters, and constituencies that will help United to Beat Malaria achieve our goal of providing lifesaving support for children and families and beating the historic injustice of malaria for good.
Advocate and Partner Stewardship & Operations (50%)
- Assist the direct and grassroots advocacy team with the coordination of annual Leadership Summit and Advocacy Day as well as other activations, in-person and virtual trainings, and events to include outreach to venues, vendors, speakers, advocates and partners as necessary.
- Support advocacy team in providing excellent stewardship of and communications with advocates, partners and funders.
- Assist with the development and execution of “grassroots” advocacy activations campaigns across platforms including petitions, text-to-action, peer-to-peer, website, and social media.
- Support and maintain systems to help track advocate and partner data and ensure efficient and effective operations.
Campaign & Operational Support – 50%
- Assist the Nothing But Nets Executive Director, the Director of Global Health Advocacy and the Senior Officer of Grassroots Advocacy in managing the budget, contracts, campaign reporting and business planning for the advocacy portfolio.
- Work with Finance and Business Services/Budget Departments to process invoices, reimbursements, and contracts for campaign activities relevant to the advocacy portfolio.
- Assist the advocacy team with project management and maintenance of campaign’s electronic file management systems, team communications platforms (currently Microsoft Teams) and team project management system (currently Asana).
- Assist Executive Director and Director to set agenda and manage scheduling for weekly campaign-wide meetings as well as advocacy-focused meetings.
- Process expense reports for Executive Director.
- Support in the tracking, management and ordering of advocacy-focused campaign materials, in partnership with the other Campaign Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams) and Google Apps strongly preferred.
- Experience with CRM platforms such as Salesforce, Asana, and EveryAction strongly preferred.
- Experience working with advocates and/or partners preferred.
- Budgetary experience preferred.
- Strong writing experience preferred.
- Interest in global health, international development and/or United Nations preferred.
- Multi-cultural experience.
- Excellent organizational, planning, project management and time management skills.
- Highly detail-oriented and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly collaborative and able to work efficiently across various teams within the UN Foundation.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and multi-task with ease.
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends when necessary.
- This role is based in Washington D.C.
- Stress tolerance and resilience.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/ tardiness policy.
Those who thrive on the United to Beat Malaria team tend to possess these qualities:
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Tenacious self-starter with intellectual curiosity.
- A passion for global health work.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.