Senior Internal Auditor - Hybrid (FT-Edison)
How have YOU impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for planning and performing operational, financial and compliance audits of moderate difficulty and complexity, while exercising a reasonable amount of independent judgment. Work is performed according to audit plans under the general direction of the Director - Audit Services.
-This position is hybrid remote-
A day in the life of a Senior Internal Auditor at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Plans and organizes work assignments and develops appropriate audit steps to complete audits in an efficient manner.
- During audits or special investigations:
- Identifies problem situations or inadequate conditions and extend testing to help determine the root cause.
- Assembles, organize and evaluate relevant information.
- Demonstrates use of good judgment by considering the implications of all alternatives.
- Modifies scope or approach of the audits or investigations as circumstances dictate.
- Makes cost effective recommendations on the basis of the facts on hand.
- Assists Leaders in their development of control procedures / processes / policies / etc., as requested.
- Prepares and updates audit programs, internal control questionnaires and confirmations.
- Prepares neat, orderly, and conclusive work papers; ensures that all areas audited are clearly documented to support conclusions and substantiate findings.
- Writes and effectively communicates his or her thoughts with objectivity and clarity. Demonstrates effective oral expression in individual or group situations.
- Performs or assists in special investigations as requested. These investigations may involve allegations of wrong-doings such as theft, fraud, non-compliance, etc.
- Keeps the Director and appropriate Leaders informed of any problems or unusual circumstances on a timely basis.
- Follow-ups on and summarizes the status of all open internal and external audit recommendations prior to each Audit & Compliance Committee meeting.
- Assists the Director in the development of the annual risk assessment / audit work plan.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the HMH's Organizational Policies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- BS/BA degree is required, preferably in Accounting, Business Administration, or related majors.
- Minimum of 3 years of internal auditing and/or public accounting (or equivalent) experience.
- Must posses advanced auditing skills; be familiar with information technology in use at Hackensack Meridian Health, including how it affects controls and how to take advantage of available information technology during the audit process.
- Must have above average written and oral communication skills; and be able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Experience using the following applications is required: Google Suite
- The ability to use the Internet for research and information gathering.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Experience using the following applications is a plus: TeamMate, ACL, PeopleSoft, Epic, Access, Visio, ActiveData, and Business Intelligence software.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Public Accountant.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor or Certified Fraud Examiner.