Systems Safety Job Posting for NSWC Indian Head Division
Agency: Naval Surface Warfare Center Indian Head Division
Job Title: Engineer or Scientist, ND-08XX/13XX/15XX-2/3/4
Possible Series: 0806/0801/0830/0850/0854/0861/0893/0896/1310/1320/1520/1550
Location: Systems Engineering Department, Systems Safety Division, Indian Head, MD
Agency Overview: The Naval Surface Warfare Center, Indian Head Division (NSWC IHD) is the Department of Defense (DoD) Energetics Center and serves as the DoD Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technology Program lead. NSWC IHD focuses on the research, development, test, evaluation and in-service support of energetics and energetic systems as well as works to provide Soldiers, Marines, Sailors, and Airmen worldwide with the information and technological solutions they need to detect/locate, access, identify, render safe, recover/exploit, and dispose of both conventional and unconventional explosive threats.
Position Overview: Applicant will serve as an Engineer or Scientist in the Systems Engineering Department, Systems Safety Division of Naval Surface Warfare Center, Indian Head Division (NAVSURFWARCEN IH DIV). Selectees will be placed in any E4 Code/Branch: E41 - Surface System Safety, E42 - Maritime System Safety, or E43 - MAGTF System Safe.
· You will perform safety analyses and develop environmental, safety and occupational Health documentation in support of acquisition milestones.
· You will develop safety data packages for weapon systems and weapon delivery systems to support review by independent safety review authorities.
· You will assess weapon systems such as underwater mines, projectiles, rockets, and missiles as well as integration of weapon systems to manned and unmanned platforms including ships, vehicles and aircraft using system safety engineering requirements, principles, and precepts.
· You will use analytical, evaluative, and problem solving techniques necessary to perform professional scientific/engineering work.
· You will participate and assist in planning and coordinating individual and team assignments to meet project goals.
· You will be asked to communicate effectively both orally and written.
· You will use data analysis, interpretive techniques and methodologies of DoD weapon systems during design, development, test, operation, maintenance, in-service, and disposal.
· You will prepare technical reports, plans, schedules and proposals, review reports prepared by others and present technical data regarding DoD weapon systems and platforms.
Qualifications: NSWC Indian Head Division welcomes inquiries from all engineering and science disciplines (mechanical, electrical/electronics, chemical, aerospace, computer, industrial, materials science etc.), physicists, chemists, mathematicians, statisticians, and computer scientists. From a bachelor’s degree to a PhD, there is a place for you at NSWC IHD.
Salary Range: $72,907 to $138,868
Security Clearance: must be able to obtain and maintain a secret level or higher clearance
Submit resumes and transcript to:
The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training.
Equal employment opportunity policy
The United States government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service or other non-merit factor.
To learn more, please visit the Office of Equal Opportunity.