EHS & Sustainability Intern
What you can expect from H.B. Fuller's Internship Program:
You’ll be joining a cohort of talented students from a variety of schools across the U.S. We hire interns into the following positions: Process Engineering, R&D, Strategic Sourcing, Technical Sales, Supply Chain, Product Marketing, Information Technology, and more.
The projects we task our interns to lead are impactful and meaningful to our organization. You’ll be supported by your Manager and Mentor to gain in-depth knowledge of the adhesive industry and collaborate with various departments and functions. We also offer an established path for next-level opportunities - making this internship the starting point for a long-term career path.
Internship Location: St. Paul, MN
Our Internship Experience includes:
- 12-week paid program beginning the end of May to mid-August to gain insight and knowledge in your field.
- Interactive orientation and events with skilled professionals in your field, including managers, directors, and CEO.
- Multiple networking, volunteer and fun events – both virtual and in-person.
- Impactful projects that make a difference internally and externally for H.B. Fuller.
- End of summer final presentation to showcase your career development with support from managers and peers.
Join the Corporate EHS3 (Safety, Sustainability, Security) team as an EHSSpecialist with a substantial focus on Sustainability/ESG matters of importance to H.B.Fuller. Among other things, this person filling this position will be working on EHS matters that are critical to the transformation of H.B. Fuller’s EHS systeminto something that stands out as best in class among our corporate peers.
- Involvement in all EHS3 management activities (meetings, calls, etc.)
- Support EHS3 programs/projects as directed
- Support Environmental Compliance and Sustainability on two major projects
- Renewable Energy Assessment – H.B. Fuller
- Project Exhale – Air emissions assessment and data improvement
- Work with External vender and EHS team on the implementation of the Sustainability Data and MOC modules as well as the development of the Sustainability projects module
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Science/Engineering with major in physical sciences such as Geology, Environmental Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics or engineering equivalents. Some coursework in environmental policy or sustainability and occupational health and safety is also desirable.
- Good research and presentation skills are critical.
Office/Administration Campus (e.g., Willow Lake, Mindelo, Luneburg, Pune, other) is preferable; however, some percentage of remote/virtual work is expected. The position will require some travel (less than 20%). Normal weekly hours are no more that 35-40, but since the work will include interaction with individuals throughout the H.B. Fuller global organization, it is likely that there will be some uneven working hours.