R&D Intern - Electronics
What you can expect from H.B. Fuller's Internship Program:
You’ll be joining a cohort of talented students from a variety of schools across the U.S. We hire interns into the following positions: Process Engineering, R&D, Strategic Sourcing, Technical Sales, Supply Chain, Product Marketing, Information Technology, and more.
The projects we task our interns to lead are impactful and meaningful to our organization. You’ll be supported by your Manager and Mentor to gain in-depth knowledge of the adhesive industry and collaborate with various departments and functions. We also offer an established path for next-level opportunities - making this internship the starting point for a long-term career path.
Internship Location: St. Paul, MN
Our Internship Experience includes:
- 12-week paid program beginning the end of May to mid-August to gain insight and knowledge in your field.
- Interactive orientation and events with skilled professionals in your field, including managers, directors, and CEO.
- Multiple networking, volunteer and fun events – both virtual and in-person.
- Impactful projects that make a difference internally and externally for H.B. Fuller.
- End of summer final presentation to showcase your career development with support from managers and peers.
- The person hired in this intern position will be joining the global electronics R&D team located in the H.B. Fuller world headquarter at Willow Lake, St Paul, MN.
- They will be performing the lab bench work on the development of new thermal management materials and two-component (2K) polyurethane (PU) structural adhesives for electronic applications.
- They will get the chance to apply the fundamental knowledge and scientific methods learnt in school to develop real-world product and testing methods, as well as to support the existing business to help the team to meet the R&D NPI project and revenue targets.
- Daily responsibility includes the formulation development, sample preparation and testing, methods & tools development, safety and equipment training and practice, data housekeeping and so on, in a highly collaborative and rewarding team environment.
- Do experiments according to requirements from the scientists/technical associates
- Complete experiments to test the performance of products
- Develop new formulations and testing methods or improve the existing ones
- Design proper tests to simulate customer application
- Design the test tooling and demo
- Take responsibility for lab safety and EHS assignments
- Junior or senior college student in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science or mechanical engineering major
- Familiar with chemistry lab, R&D or manufacturing environment
- Good hands-on skills
- Good communication skill, good teamwork skill
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Requires ability to lift a maximum of 40 pounds
- Frequent standing in the lab