DigITal Accelerator Development Program
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
At BMS, digital innovation and Information Technology are central to our vision of transforming patients’ lives through science. To accelerate our ability to serve patients around the world, we must unleash the power of technology. We are committed to being at the forefront of transforming the way medicine is made and delivered by harnessing the power of computer and data science, artificial intelligence, and other technologies to promote scientific discovery, faster decision making, and enhanced patient care.
Our Digital and Information Technology team is growing to accelerate innovation and strengthen our company’s digital foundation, and we are looking for bright, motivated, and inquisitive individuals who want to kickstart their career and work on disruptive technology that makes a positive impact on healthcare. If you want an exciting and rewarding career that is meaningful, consider joining our diverse team! The DigITal Accelerator Development Program is a two-year program designed to discover your strengths, passion, and career interests while contributing to BMS’ digital aspirations across two rotations within Digital and Information Technology. The DigITal Accelerator Analysts will learn and gain skills through formal training, job shadowing and exposure to broad set of digital technologies, that could include Application Development; Automation; Cloud; Data and Analytics; Digital Lab; Enterprise Resource Planning; Manufacturing Execution Systems; Customer Relationship Management; Program Management and Cybersecurity.
Upon completion of the DigITal Accelerator Development Program, the analysts would have gained enough knowledge to be successful in a technical or IT business partnering position.
Aiding a wide range of projects across multiple domain areas, collaborating with different teams. Responsibilities may include:
- Technology Development/Configuration
- Technology Design/Architecture
- Data Engineering
- Cybersecurity Risk Assessment
- Application Testing
- Business Analysis
- Technology Contact Support
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- UX Design
Desired Candidate Characteristics:
- Must be open to various technology rotations
- Have a strong commitment to a career in technology with a passion for healthcare
- Ability to understand the needs of the business and commitment to deliver the best user experience and adoption
- Able to collaborate across multiple teams
- Demonstrated leadership experience inside and/outside academia
- Excellent communication skills
- Innovative and inquisitive nature to ask questions, offer bold ideas and challenge the status quo
- Agility to learn new tools and processes
Qualifications & Experience
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Cybersecurity, Informatics, Information Science/Technology, Software Engineering, Security and Risk Analysis, Bioinformatics, Statistics, or other majors with an interest in technology and a passion for patients.
- Applicants who graduated within the last the year or will graduate by May 2023.
- Candidates must be a US citizen, have a lawful permanent resident of the US or otherwise authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.