Clinical Research Associate/Clinical Trial Associate
In a nutshell: Immerse yourself in all aspects of clinical operations, from site management, to data collection and data review, monitoring, and clinical report writing. Interact with patients, physicians, site clinical coordinators and drug developers, as you work to cure diseases of the eye.
Description: If you work hard, are a good communicator, think fast, love solving problems independently or in a team, pride yourself of quality work, and want to help cure a disease, this job is for you. This is an ideal position, should you aspire to jump-start a career in science, medicine, or healthcare, including medical school in the future.
The following skills are beneficial: time management, organizational, communication, Excel, presentation (PowerPoint, etc), sales, data analysis and statistical programming (R, etc.), scientific or medical writing. Details follow.
Your primary task will be to provide support to our clinical operations team. We will train you to be fully hands-on and will rapidly give you as high a level of responsibility as you’re willing and able to handle. We require you to be present 40 hours a week, typical office hours are 9am to 5 or 6pm, with work that can extend beyond on certain days.
For more information or to apply: send your CV to and a cover letter describing relevant experience, interests, and career goals to email@example.com
Sample tasks of the clinical research associate/clinical trial associate:
- Discussion with clinical sites, coordinators, clinical trial service providers;
- Management of ongoing clinical trials;
- Verification of clinical trial data quality;
- Tracking patient recruitment and progress, and ensuring optimal relationship with clinical sites;
- Assist in budgeting/payment of clinical sites;
- Assist in set-up activities and training of teams at new clinical sites;
- Assist in performing remote monitoring of clinical data and regulatory documents;
- Review, maintain and track clinical trial regulatory documents;
- Assist in writing/updating of SOP, ICF, protocols, manuals, CRF, presentations, publications, etc.;
- Plan and prepare various events, investigator meetings, site initiation visits, etc.;
- Prepare various reports;
- Assist in clinical or preclinical data collection and analysis;
- Participate in study team meetings and draft meeting minutes and agendas;
- Perform other duties and administrative support as required.
- Science or health-related background, BA / BS, or equivalent;
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Team player who can work under condensed timelines and change direction quickly if needed;
- Superior reading and writing skills, with attention to detail;
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks, concurrently and independently;
- Organizational and multi-tasking ability;
- Has demonstrated problem-solving skills;
- Willingness to be challenged and learn;
- Focused on creating quality work product;
- Basic understanding, or motivated to learn FDA requirements and good clinical practice (GCP);
- Data analysis skills a plus;
- Interested in a career in health sciences, pharma, or medicine, including advanced degree.
About Alkeus Pharmaceuticals
Alkeus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company developing innovative therapeutics to address serious, currently untreatable, causes of blindness. Our lead compound, ALK-001, is being developed for the treatment of Stargardt disease and age-related macular degeneration. We actively collaborate with academia and are expanding our research pipeline across areas of high unmet medical needs. Additional information can be found on the company’s website www.alkeuspharma.com.