Physical Therapy Aide (FT-Belle Mead)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers, at-home care capabilities, and behavioral health, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Physical Therapy Aide works under the direct supervision of a licensed physical therapist or licensed assistant, and assist in the productive operation of a physical therapy practice. Aides often maintain the treatment area, prep therapy sessions, aid the transport of patients, facilitate equipment ordering and facilitate other paperwork related to the operation of the physical therapy department.
The Physical Therapy Aide will:
- Oversee scheduling patients for treatment on a daily basis.
- Ensures adequate inventory and that all equipment is operating properly. Requisitions new equipment.
- Perform clerical task and completes necessary paperwork for the Physical Therapy Department.
- Prepare a treatment room for Physical Therapists by delivering equipment or supplies to the treatment area.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School diploma.
- Background in related fields, such as training or coaching.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Prior Physical Therapy aide or clerk experience
- Working towards a PTA or PT degree.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification.