Associate Research Technician
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Associate Research Technician.
The successful candidate will join a laboratory developing and utilizing cutting-edge, high throughput genetic, functional genomic and computational technologies for dissection of complex genetic diseases, and expected to perform routine genetic analyses in this research laboratory on a number of human disease projects and working with mouse models of human disease. The position will be responsible for performing basic laboratory techniques and a variety of experiments of routine nature, collaborating with lab members on different projects, contributing the organization of the lab and providing support for various aspects of experimental research. The position will work under general supervision.
- Lab Duties - Basic lab duties under general supervision as well as more advanced duties under direct supervision. Assists with the ordering and tracking of laboratory supplies. Performs routine technical tasks, and assists in the general maintenance of the lab, such as prepare stock reagents and maintain inventory of the labs supplies. General techniques in biochemistry, molecular biology and cell culture. Under supervision, will participate in standard lab experiments.
- Participates and performs other related duties as required.
- Judgment/Decision-Making - Is able to recognize problems as they occur; and through the application of appropriate policy/ procedure, determine and/or recommends the appropriate solution. Seeks guidance as necessary for the performance of duties asks appropriate questions when in doubt and utilizes reference sources/materials to endure accuracy. Advises appropriate personnel of situations/problems requiring intervention or follow-up attention.
- Communication/Relationship with Others - Cooperates, communicates and relates well to all levels of Medical Center. Listens carefully to others in order to respond appropriately, answer questions or obtain needed information. Communicates ideas, problems, suggestions, and messages in a timely and effective manner. Maintains the confidentiality of all research information. Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Assist in Developing Procedures - Assists in implementing new procedures and protocols to support experiments. Participates actively in developing, recommending and implementing new approved procedures, or modifications to existing protocols and procedures. Maintains and updates technical knowledge.
To qualify you must have a This is an entry level trainee position with no experience necessary and a Bachelors of Science Degree in Life Sciences or a related field is not required (but preferred). Experience in some areas of basic cellular immunology, molecular biology, tissue culture would be advantageous but is not required. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
Bachelor's of Science Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or a related field preferred. Experience with working on mouse and/or fish colonies.