2023 Manufacturing Co-op
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in customer-facing commercial or research-based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
The Future Talent Program features co-ops that last about 6 months and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Manufacturing & Supply Division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
Examples of projects and assignment areas include:
- In-line product support in technical operations, manufacturing operations, quality operations
- Maintain products at a high level of performance and regulatory compliance
- Execute strategic projects to enhance our World Class Supply posture – decrease inventory, shorten cycle times, lower costs.
- Analyze and solve problems
- Maintain manufacturing processes at high levels of performance
- Engineer plant site improvements to enhance safety, quality and the environment
- Optimize existing processes to achieve improvements in process quality, yield and efficiency
If you are the kind of individual who thrives on challenge and possess the technical, leadership and business skills that are of value to our business, we invite you to apply.
Required Education and Experience:
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a sophomore or junior level curriculum working toward a Bachelor’s degree, or pursuing a Master’s or higher degree in Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Biochemical Engineering, Biological Systems Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or Biotechnology.
- Candidates must be available for a minimum of a 6-month co-op beginning in January of 2023.
- Candidates must have superior technical competency as demonstrated by excellent academic record and work achievements.
- Candidates must have strong communication skills, personal character, and ethics.
- Candidates must have leadership accomplishments achieved through direct leadership roles or leading by influence.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidates should have work experience in a business, manufacturing or industrial setting.
- Candidates should have familiarity with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and its application.
- Candidates should have delivery results in a multi-functional, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Candidates should have a minimum GPA of 3.2
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.