2023 Quality Operations Intern - West Point, PA
The Future Talent Program features internships that last up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Manufacturing & Supply Division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
Our Quality Assurance group ensures every single material inside our products is manufactured, processed, tested, packaged, stored, and distributed aligned with our incredibly high standards of quality, and meets all regulatory requirements. Partnering across our internal manufacturing facilities, external contract manufacturers, and suppliers we create an interdependent global manufacturing network dedicated to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
Our Quality Organization ensures every single material inside our products is manufactured, processed, tested, packaged, stored, and distributed aligned with our high standards of quality, and meets all regulatory requirements. The 2023 Quality Operations Interns will have the opportunity to work on a strategic project(s) aligned to our site and divisional quality goals in the areas of Quality Operations, Quality Assurance, or Quality Control. The intern will have the opportunity to drive project(s) through the organization, leading multi-functional teams and interacting with Senior Leaders.
The following areas are potential areas of focus the incumbent may support:
- Laboratory Technical Services (Chemistry/Biochemistry, Virology, Microbiology)
- Laboratory Instrument and Equipment Support
- Digital Solutions/Data Visualization
- Environmental Monitoring/Qualification
- Quality Management Systems
- Develop a project plan to address the strategy/problem statement that you will be working on
- Schedule routine meetings with the necessary stakeholders
- Actively participate in the Tier process and use this forum to make concerns visible
- Maintain metrics and track progress on a project.
- Ensure all data is in compliance with cGMPs, GLPs, and departmental procedures and assay methods and is of the highest integrity, quality, and accuracy
Required Education & Experience:
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a B.S. or M.S., in Scientific or Engineering field program
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Candidates should demonstrate interpersonal skills including flexibility, collaboration, and inclusion skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Candidates should have experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Candidates should be a self-starter with the capability to develop innovative solutions to challenges.
- Candidates should have proven analytical aptitude, critical thinking skills, and the ability to apply key concepts.
- Candidates should have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidates should have hands-on experience in a laboratory setting (chemistry/biochemistry, microbiology, etc.)
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is dedicated to being the most trusted supplier of biopharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create a reliable global manufacturing network that’s devoted to delivering a high-quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.