This position is in Region 3, Office of the Regional Administrator; Land, Chemicals and Redevelopment Division (LCRD); Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Corrective Action Branch 1. If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
About Region 3: R3.
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Provide technical assistance on routine Superfund risk assessments to Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Remedial Project Managers (RPMs) and Site Assessment Managers (SAMs);
- Work as a member of Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) site teams, planning routine sampling activities for Remedial Investigation/Feasibility Studies;
- Review Preliminary Assessment Reports, Site Investigation Reports, and Hazard Ranking Reports for technical accuracy and completeness;
- Assist RPMs with negotiations on site activities with Potentially Responsible Parties (PRPs);
- Answer inquiries from the public, the media, and other concerned individuals that pertain to the human health and environmental effects of chemical substances.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
See the USAJOBS application for details on eligibility and qualifications.