Formulation Development Intern
Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Intern to join our Formulation Development department located at our Athens, GA facility. As an Intern, you will participate in experiments related to the development of vaccines and therapeutics for animal health.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs non-routine experiments including excipient screening, adjuvant screening, and stability testing of biologics
- Characterize biologic drug substances/drug products with DSC, DLS, SLS, fluorescence (DSF), etc.
- Interface with upstream and downstream processing teams and analytical teams to support vaccine and/or therapeutic product development
- Performs all work in conformance with applicable regulations and in a safe manner
- Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
- Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
- Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.000 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
- Major must be related to the field of internship.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Background in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, biological or biochemical engineering or similar required
- Experience with protein chemistry and/or formulation of biologic drug products preferred
- Experience with lyophilization and liquid stabilization of attenuated live viruses, avirulent bacterial cultures, inactivated whole antigens, sub-unit antigens, mAbs and other therapeutic proteins preferred
- Understanding of aseptic technique and general lab practices
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status; domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.