7th Grade Science Teacher
7th Grade Science Teacher
Philadelphia Performing Arts, A String Theory Charter School is seeking a 7th Grade Science Teacher to join the teaching team at our Vine Street campus located at 1600 Vine Street. This teacher will be responsible for teaching sections of 7th grade science. Students throughout our organization engage in a unique educational program designed to grow the next generation of creative leaders through their participation in the arts and sciences as major subjects alongside a technology-infused, standards-driven academic curriculum. Our teachers are creative, passionate, professional educators who believe that every student has specific intelligences that must be nurtured and that all students should have an equal opportunity to achieve their own innate potential.
Join our team and work alongside educators in a school that values collaboration and innovation! Our bright, modern campus at 1600 Vine Street invites creativity with panoramic views of the city of Philadelphia. We know the importance of cultivating a supportive work culture, and educators are encouraged to share ideas and experiences in the field. Our teachers are given 90 minutes each week to meet as teams and have access to the latest Apple technology and resources to compliment lesson plans, presentations, and more. Candidates with past experience at public, private and parochial schools will be given credit for those years of teaching as we welcome all qualified, passionate educators to apply to our open positions today!
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree
- PA Certification in Grades 4-8 with 7/8 Science Concentration (will also consider General Science K-12, Chemistry 7-12, or Physics 7-12)
- Criminal history, child abuse and FBI clearances (Acts 34, 151 and FBI)
- Candidates must be US Citizens and have permission to work in the United States. Philadelphia Performing Arts will not sponsor a Visa for a candidate.
- Candidates must either have an official PA state teacher certification, not an emergency certification, or be working towards their official certification.
String Theory Schools teaching candidates...
- are passionate about creative arts and sciences
- are undaunted by urban challenges and dynamic change
- value multi-disciplinary collaboration
- know technology can transform learning experiences
- apply feedback and constructive criticism with grace
- understand that hard work and fun are not mutually exclusive
- accept responsibility for student growth
- not only think outside the box, but can find compelling reasons why the box isn’t necessary
- Develop vigorous courses, plans, projects, assignments, and assessments.
- Collaborate with grade and/or subject area teachers to refine and implement high-quality curriculum aligned to standards and competencies.
- Build relationships with students and families through thoughtful and frequent communication
- Experience working in diverse settings and/or commitment to improving one’s own cultural competence
- Ability to use or willingness to learn technology integration to improve teaching and learning
- Ability to effectively manage a classroom where student choice, inquiry, differentiation, and authentic learning are high values
- Ability to problem solve, research and work in a collaborative environment
- Analyze and regularly use both qualitative and quantitative data to inform your practice
- Cultivate higher order thinking skills through inquiry
- Access to consistent coaching in instruction and technology integration
- Access to best-in-class technology resources and a physical framework designed with innovative learning in mind
- Excellent health benefits (for both you and your family), retirement benefits, and more!
Please visit our website at www.stringtheoryschools.org/join-our-team to learn about the application process. Send all required materials to email@example.com .