Scientific Software Business Account Manager
Scientific Software Business Account Manager
- USA, San Francisco (CA) Genedata Screener
Genedata transforms data into intelligence with innovative software solutions that incorporate extensive biopharma R&D domain knowledge. Multinational biopharmaceutical organizations and cutting-edge biotechs around the globe rely on Genedata to digitalize and automate data-rich and complex R&D processes. From early discovery all the way to the clinic, Genedata solutions help maximize the ROI in R&D expenditure. Founded in 1997, Genedata is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Boston, London, Munich, San Francisco, Singapore, and Tokyo.
About the Role
We’re looking to hire a Business Account Manager for a full-time position in our San Francisco office.
We are seeking to expand our successful, highly innovative, and interdisciplinary business team to support the next growth phase of our leading enterprise assay analysis and management software solution, Genedata Screener.
The position will be dedicated to expanding the customer base and customer installation footprint of Genedata Screener. The software is used to analyze results from drug discovery campaigns by organizations ranging from academic institutions and CROs to global biopharma corporations. The job will start with understanding the data analysis and data management needs of biopharmaceutical scientists, their research departments and IT organizations , and following innovations in the drug discovery process. Then, as part of the business account management team, you will be responsible for identifying, qualifying, and closing new opportunities as well as supporting and expanding business at established accounts.
You will work with other sales staff and management to ensure the follow-up of qualified leads and prepare attractive and appropriate offers, with marketing to keep our messaging scientifically relevant and consistent and to plan conference and event participation, and with product management to keep up to date on upcoming software functionality.
We are looking for a business mindset and experience building on a solid scientific background, a special interest in scientific software, a communicative and open approach to teamwork, curiosity, and a willingness to take initiative. We offer is a stimulating work environment where high-quality scientific software is produced and sold by a group of people who will greatly appreciate your input, experience, and enthusiasm.
- Support the team in winning new customers
- Lead generation and prospect qualification
- Manage software demonstrations with the professional services team
- Drive business – plan offers, negotiation, closing strategy
- Assist with customer document creation and review (CDA, quote, contract)
- Manage active accounts
- Understand customer situations and underlying scientific, technical, and business needs
- Build trusted relationships to become the preferred partner for your clients
- Expand existing licenses, develop opportunities for paid services
- Manage software renewals and customer retention
- Represent the company at conferences, trade shows, and networking events.
- Collect information on research data analysis practices at biopharmaceutical companies
- Leverage industry trends where improved data analysis leads to biopharmaceutical innovation and increased productivity
- Talk to biopharmaceutical research scientists to understand their data analysis needs and raise awareness of Genedata Screener
- Cross-functional interaction with the professional services team, product management, marketing and other functions to identify and build opportunities and sell software and services
Skills & Experience
- MSc or PhD Degree in a Life Sciences discipline
- Commercial mindset
- At least 2 years experience in a sales or business development role, preferably in B2B related to the life science industry, preferably in software sales
- Familiarity with antibody drug discovery processes
- Experience with scientific data analysis software
- Willingness to take initiative, excellent planning, organization and time management skills
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Willingness to travel
What We Offer
Genedata is on a mission to accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D. Our enterprise software solutions digitalize and automate lab operations so scientists can discover insights faster, push scientific boundaries farther, and drive change right now. With over two decades of success due to closely-knit teams of scientists, software engineers, and business experts, Genedata has become the market-leading provider of enterprise software solutions for biopharma R&D.
As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in scientific R&D informatics, combined with our open and scalable software platform, makes us the essential technology for the operations of top biopharma companies and innovative biotechs worldwide.
We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in the US, Germany, UK, Japan, and Singapore.
Genedata offers an attractive Total Reward Package comprised of a competitive salary and attractive benefits in return for your contribution to our success.
As an equal opportunity employer, Genedata proudly celebrates diversity and believes in an inclusive workplace.
Genedata does not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly here.