FT - Medical Assistant - Queens, NY
Who We Are
Led by highly successful physician executives with a mission to improve health care quality for underserved populations, Rendr is a primary care-driven multi-specialty medical group serving approximately 100,000 patients through its 40 locations in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens.
Reports To: Site Manager
Location: Elmhurst Queens
Job position: Medical Assistant
Medical Assistants are an integral part of delivering kind and compassionate care and optimizing the patient experience. They direct patient flow in and out of exam rooms and provide support to providers by assisting in medical procedures and examinations.
- Provide backup support for the medical assistant team, which includes all functions of a medical assistant
- Assist in the supervision of work and performance of clinic staff including reception, medical assistants, and other support staff, as instructed, including input for performance reviews and corrective action plans as needed.
- Oversee and train new and existing staff along with the clinic manager.
- Assist with intake, financial screening, and set-up for patient visits. 5. Assist with the training of medical and lab assistants, and volunteer staff on health education, laboratory, and dispensary services. Assist in providing ongoing supervision to the same staf
- Work alongside providers in the exam room to provide care
- Measure and record vital signs, height, and weight of patients
- Obtain chief complaint and gather medical history information from the patient prior to being seen by a provider
- Perform basic clinical duties and procedures, including, but not limited to, blood draws, vital signs, preparing vaccines, recording EKGs, glucose monitoring, collecting urine samples, influenza testing, pregnancy tests, vision/hearing tests, etc.
- Prepare exam room for patient visits ensuring that medical supplies are well stocked
- Clean and sterilize instruments
- Perform duties to help improve quality measures which may include identifying care gaps, calling patients for follow-up, documentation, etc.
- Help maintain clinic compliance & protocols, such as freezer setting, biohazards, sharps, cleaning, infection protocols, etc.
- Bilingual in English and Chinese required
- Phlebotomist certification required
- High level of professionalism and a strong sense of responsibility
- Good communication skills: kind, compassionate, patient interaction with patients and team
- Multitasking ability
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Prior experience working in a medical/clinical setting preferred
- Familiarity with MDLand is a plus
- Company medical, dental, and vision
- PTO days pursuant to Company policy
- Paid holidays
- Participation in the Company 401(k) plan with match
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subject to applicable waiting periods.
- Qualified Transportation Accounts – Transit and Parking
- Company will provide Short-Term Disability (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD) coverage and Basic Life and AD&D Insurance.
- The opportunity to purchase additional Life, AD&D, and Long-Term Disability insurance.