Delivery Room Tech - L&D (FT-Edison)
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Delivery Room Technician at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- The Delivery Room Tech is responsible for giving a high standard of nursing care under the direct supervision and guidance of the Registered Nurse.
- This position requires a multi skilled worker who will perform a variety of tasks related to the direct and indirect care of the patient and in the maintenance of a clean and organized environment.
- The individual must perform satisfactorily in the Surgical Suite during Cesarean Sections in the Scrub Tech role.
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patients' status.
- High School Diploma, or equivalency
- Completion of Patient Care Tech course preferred. Graduate of an accredited program for Surgical Technology.
- American Heart Association, Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification (BLS) required.
- Surgical Tech certification required