Operations Account Coordinator Intern
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our 30,000 colleagues work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world.
Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth.
As an intern, you will spend time with both our Operations and client teams, gaining exposure through various functional departments to learn about client service, risk management, operations, sales, business analytics, and more. Interns will work on a variety of projects aimed to offer hands on experience to develop solutions for real world business problems. In addition, interns will participate in formal training, mentoring, and social and volunteer events which demonstrate our commitment to colleagues, clients and communities.
A TYPICAL DAY COULD INCLUDE:
- Preparing presentations for client renewal strategy meetings
- Collaborating with your peers to propose solutions to real business problems
- Executing a group project with fellow interns
- Participating in the mentoring sessions, guest speaker series, and training modules
- Designing and executing a community service program
- Building a network of colleagues at all levels of the organization
WHAT WE VALUE
- Ability to work in teams and cultivate relationships
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership or initiative at school, work and/or community
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Current Juniors with an expected graduation date of December 2023 or May/June 2024
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above at the time of application and start date
- All majors considered
- Applicants must have legal work authorization in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
DIVERSITY MATTERS AT MARSH
At Marsh, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our colleagues with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact.
We will review application submissions beginning in October. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first round interview. The first round interview will consist of a recorded video interview through the online Hirevue platform.
MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC). For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.