C/C++ Software Engineering Intern
Because we are not doing in-office interviews and all of our positions are currently remote, we have a new interview process on Google Forms where you can choose a position that you are interested in applying for and record a quick 1-3 minute video on your experience and why you would be a good fit for the position. Please be sure to share with us previous or current projects related to the position. Don't spend too much time on it - it should be quick and easy just to give us an idea of your background in Computer Science and why you would be a good fit. You can find more information about our internships at https://objectsecurity.com/internships/ and the different internship positions available.
The link to Part 1 of the Google Form application can be found at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf7WpHoW3P1j0TGSlN0q11Xy0pCAOEuR9lXiiBNCvyy1B3SwQ/viewform . You must fill out the Google Forms to be considered for the position.
ObjectSecurity is a small company in downtown San Diego (we work out of a coworking space). We have traditionally focused on cybersecurity but have branched out into data analytics and AI in recent years. Our award-winning, patented security product is OpenPMF, which uses cool models and algorithms to make it easier to author and maintain fine-grained, dynamic access control policies.
We are doing exciting other product developments, including a supply chain risks analysis product which takes an SAP data dump and turns it into a graph DB, and then runs analytics over it to identify risks. Another cool project is an "AI hacker" development, which uses AI to simulate a hacker.
C/C++ Internship Position:
We are looking for interns to work on C/C++software engineering projects and knowledge of building applications, updating source code, and running/debugging applications.
We are looking for interns for both during the semester and during the summer. We are flexible with start and end dates of the internship and how many hours interns work per week.
This is the initial internship project, but depending on how long it takes to complete, there is always room to grow with our company and move on to other projects. There’s also scope for moving into other projects in the fields of machine learning, AI, information modeling, analytics, cybersecurity and more. The sky is the limit with our company.
1) Available 8-16 hours per week virtually
2) Experience and past projects with C/C++
By working directly on software engineering projects hands-on doing front-end and back-end or working on embedded systems, hardware and/or microelectronics, interns will gain valuable experience in the software engineering field and improve upon their computer science skills as evidenced through their weekly projects.
1) Weekdays and hours worked are flexible based on the student's schedule but should be communicated to supervisor at the beginning of each week.
2) We will communicate with the intern virtually via email, Slack and Zoom. A supervisor will meet with the intern at the start of the day to go over the day's tasks and
3) Materials will be provided to interns at the beginning of the day. All interns are expected to push their code at the end of each work day to GitHub
4) If interns are stuck or run into an issue with their code, they are encouraged to reach out to their supervisor, since someone will almost always be available to help.