STEM Education Jobs in Georgia
· passionate about biology, chemistry, physics, or earth science?
· outgoing, with a love for working with kids?
· hoping to make a difference in others’ lives?
· interested in teaching?
Private and independent schools in Georgia are hiring Middle and High School Science Teachers.
Southern Teachers is an education recruitment firm that helps teachers find jobs at K-12, college-preparatory, private and independent schools around the South. Our personalized teacher placement services can help you run a tailored job search and discern the opportunities most suited to you. Our services are free to candidates, as is our Teacher Job Fair on Feb 5, 2022.
Are you qualified?
· If you majored or minored in biology, chemistry, physics, neuroscience, or another STEM subject, your skill set is in demand in schools. A Bachelor’s Degree is required (2.8 GPA minimum).
· For secondary school, teaching certification is desirable but not required.
· Graduate degrees can be advantageous, but are not required.
· Experience with kids in any capacity is desirable, especially for recent graduates without teaching degrees.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Plan lessons and develop curriculum to demonstrate scientific principles
2. Encourage and assist students to develop skills in scientific problem-solving and the scientific method
3. Engage students through hands-on activities or demonstrations
4. Employ a variety of instructional methods to respond effectively to student needs
5. Assess and track student progress, and communicate as needed with colleagues, parents, and students
How to start your job search through us:
· Apply: fill out an online application with Southern Teachers.
· Schedule: If we can help with your job search, your assigned Placement Counselor will schedule an interview to learn about your experience and search requirements.
· Connect: we will identify the best job opportunities for you and start connecting you with schools.
Salaries vary and are determined by each individual school.
Share your passion, and help kids grow—be a teacher!
Learn more about our work with teaching candidates and the other ways we support schools or apply today at SouthernTeachers.com