Commercial Banking Summer Intern
Summary of Responsibilities:
This position is for a 10-week Summer Internship. The Commercial Banking Summer Intern will support a line of business within Commercial Banking and gain an understanding of the bank’s overall operation. Skills you’ll learn within this internship may include project work, research, data analytics, and collaboration across business units.
This 2023 Summer Internship is for undergraduate students who have an anticipated graduation date between December 2023 and May 2024.
The application deadline for this position is October 16, 2022.
This internship position is located in Boston, MA. Before applying, please keep in mind that our internship program does not offer any relocation assistance. To learn more about our summer internship program and the activities included, please visit https://www.santandercareers.com/students.
Some responsibilities of the Commercial Banking internship role may include but are not limited to:
- Learn general knowledge about banking industry and about Commercial Banking sector.
- Work as part of a team, participating in projects that may include: customer surveys and other customer outreach efforts, analysis of client base and information on competitors, performing. competitive benchmarking of our publicly available sales collaterals and bank marketing portals, implementing and managing client onboarding process, and small research projects.
- Participate in team meetings and meet with team members/interns from areas across Commercial Banking to develop an understanding of various roles and functions within the organization.
- Provide internal and external market intelligence including competitor analysis reports and best practices.
- Develop network of contacts through meeting with fellow interns and Santander team members
- Data analytics and executive presentations
- Cross team collaboration and managing multiple projects
- Create an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion where all perspectives are valued and all people are welcomed.
- An undergraduate student with an expected graduation date between Fall 2023 - Spring 2024
- Major in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field
- A cumulative GPA or 3.5 or above
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adaptability to work in a fast-paced market environment
- Solid professional and personal work ethic
- Ability to work independently on special projects
- Ability to work in an environment that supports employees from all backgrounds and fosters an environment of inclusion.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
Diversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical
effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occassional moving and lifting
equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup
and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend,
kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: Employer Rights:This job
description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by
your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in
part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job
description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may
terminate at any time for any reason.