PennEnvironment spring 2023 virtual internship
Internships to Protect our Environment
If you’re thinking you might want to make a career out of campaigning to solve big environmental problems like global warming – interning with PennEnvironment is one of the best ways to get started.
We’re hiring interns throughout the state, and have sister organizations in many cities across the country.
If your college/University offers the option for class credit, students may receive course credit for the internship and PennEnvironment staff will work with the advisors etc. to complete all necessary paperwork.
100% Renewable Energy in Pennsylvania - We're committed to combating the climate crisis by pushing for bipartisan legislation that would transition the state to 100% renewable energy by 2050! Help us advocate for policies to bring more solar and wind power to more people and communities today.
Reducing Plastic Pollution - We’re talking with 10,000 Philadelphians for the Drink Philly Tap project about tap water being safe, healthy, affordable and good for the environment. Single-use bottled water is expensive, harmful to the environment, and litter our communities. We need to reduce single-use plastics and tackle waste issues head on.
Protecting Clean Drinking Water - We are working to ensure that our local waterways such as the Schuylkill and Delaware Rivers are protected and that our drinking water is safe. To do so, we are working on legislation to “get the lead out” of our public school drinking water, as well as working to tackle the PFA’s/PFOA water contamination issue state-wide.
What do interns with PennEnvironment do?
We’re looking for students who care deeply about the environment and are ready to make a difference now:
- You’ll help us educate and engage citizens on the most critical environmental issues of our time.
- You’ll help us get our issues into the media, build coalitions with community groups, and organize fun and informative events.
- You’ll work directly alongside our organizers and legislators to lobby for strong environmental policy and defend against environmental rollbacks.
- You’ll reach out to and engage with citizens to leverage grassroots power through phonebanking, collecting petitions, writing letters, attending events, and more!
- You’ll attend briefings and trainings to learn even more about environmental issues and gain important organizing and communication skills you can use to build movements in the future.
Ultimately, you’ll help us build the kind of public support it takes to win through the power of grassroots environmental advocacy, apply today!