Certified Medical Assistant - Eatontown Ambulatory Care Center (FT-Eatontown)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting in providing clinical care to select patients under the supervision of the professional nurse or licensed medical practitioner and provides clerical office assistance.
Be a part of Hackensack Meridian Health's newest Ambulatory Heath Venture!
Eatontown Health and Wellness is a new state of the art medical facility that will provide high quality, convenient and easy access to all patient's health and wellness services under one roof. Offering access to urgent care, primary care physicians, specialty physicians, lab, and imaging services for patients in our communities.
HMH is seeking customer service oriented individuals to provide clinical and administrative care and to create the best possible patient experience. The Health and Wellness Center will be a multispecialty experience for our patients and team members. We are creating a team approach for the entire center where all resources will be shared. Some of the services in the center will be:
Join the Hackensack Meridian Health and Wellness Center Team and be part of the magic of reimagined patient care.
*The ideal candidate will have flexibility to work in any assigned practice location and work varied and rotating days/evening and weekends schedules
Related keywords: CMA, Registered Medical Assistant, RMA
A day in the life of a Certified Medical Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Prepares exam room, treatment room, supplies and instruments.
- Prepares patients for physician visit and examination assisting as directed.
- Takes patient's vital signs and records in medical chart.
- Understands proper function and care of special equipment.
- Performs EKG, PFT, Audiometry, Titmus Test as indicated after a performance evaluation checklist completion. Also performs UDS, BAT, Phlebotomy, and other lab testing as indicated after performance evaluation checklist completion.
- Maintains records by completing patient records as directed; file record and reports.
- Assists with collections/billing procedures as needed.
- Uses computer software to maintain office systems.
- Identifies and responds to issues of confidentiality.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School diploma or equivalent such as a GED
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively and in a supportive manner with varying populations
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of computerized processes and data entry procedures
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Nationally Certified Medical Assistant
- BLS through American Heart Association