2023 Bio-Technology Solutions Site Support Intern
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in customer-facing commercial or research-based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
The Future Talent Program features internships that last up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Manufacturing Division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
Our Company is seeking interns who will operate as a fully integrated member of a team. Day-to-day activities for the intern will focus on bioprocess and biotechnology development and troubleshooting, vaccine formulation, and problem solving.
The BTS department develops the processing knowledge necessary to successfully scale-up and efficiently produce veterinary vaccines at a commercial scale. Development efforts focus on ensuring robust, cost-effective, safe, and advancing technologies for the manufacturing facilities to secure a competitive advantage in animal health for our Company. As well, the BTS team provides support and troubleshooting for existing production processes.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and collaboration. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career. The intern is responsible for accurate data recording, experimental set-up techniques, interpretation of results, and safe lab practices.
We are seeking intern candidates with strong academic performance, communication skills, teamwork, and the ability to work in a multi-functional environment. Candidates must have a minimum sophomore standing in a four-year bachelor program in a life science or engineering discipline. Candidates should be able to demonstrate their achievements in scientific coursework through academic transcripts.
Summer interns will receive an industry competitive stipend. This position does not provide housing or relocation assistance.
Required Education and Experience:
- Candidates must have completed their Junior year towards a bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or equivalent.), Natural Science (chemistry, physics, or equivalent), Biotechnology, Life Science (Veterinary Science, Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or equivalent.), or another relevant technical/scientific degree program by June 2023.
- Candidates must be available for full-time employment for 9 – 12 weeks during the months of May - August 2023.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidates should have an interest in laboratory and clinical research, process development, vaccine production processes and solving scientific problems.
- Candidates should enjoy working in a highly collaborative team environment
- Candidates should have a science background and a working knowledge of basic laboratory techniques in life science, with a preference in virology and bacteriology field.
- Candidates should have general computer skills, good communication skills, and the ability to keep accurate records.
- Candidates should be expected to be open to learn throughout the internship and to be thorough and methodical about planned experiments.
- Candidates should be committed to making an active contribution to team goals.
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is dedicated to being the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create a reliable global manufacturing network that’s devoted to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.