Sustainability Policy Analyst & Engagement Coordinator
This is a mayoral-appointed position in a challenging work environment requiring strong analysis and engagement skills to help coordinate and implement the City’s response to the climate emergency and sustainability. Special focus is on addressing the health and economic impacts of climate change on already distressed populations from COVID-19 and other factors.
This position reports to the Executive Director of Sustainability and focuses on engagement and implementation of the City’s program portfolio for addressing climate and sustainability issues, building on the Climate and Sustainability Framework. The position will focus on the impact of the climate emergency not only on City operations but also the broad community in balancing the City’s shared objectives for a healthy environment, an excellent quality of life, and continued economic vitality.
Graduation from an accredited college or university; preference for concentration in Environmental Sciences, Environmental Engineering, Management, Public Administration, Urban Planning, Architecture or a related field. Ability to communicate in Spanish and GIS skills are a plus but are not required. Experience in outreach and/or organizing is a plus.
Must also possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong knowledge and commitment to tackling the challenges of climate change particularly for vulnerable communities.
- Familiarity with the most current concepts of conservation, climate mitigation, and sustainable practices including but not limited to: energy conservation, decarbonization, air quality, heat mitigation, climate health impacts, economic opportunities for disadvantaged communities, green building, resource and water conservation, greenhouse gas reduction, renewable resources, and environmental reporting metrics.
- Ability to engage a wide variety of individuals who may have diverse interests and abilities in addressing the climate emergency.
- Ability to prepare quantitative and qualitative reports and analysis including metrics of the City’s sustainability portfolio.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY:
In order to be considered for this title, you must apply during the posting period via the online application portal.
2) First-time users will click "New User Registration" and create your Applicant Profile
3) Click on available job postings and Apply Online. You will need a valid, working email address to apply.
Please note that our method of communication with applicants is by email. In the application process, please provide us with a valid email address, and ensure you monitor your email, including spam or junk, for correspondence from our department.
If you experience technical difficulties in the online application process, please contact our office at 203-946-8252 or email NHJobs@newhavenct.gov.
Accepting applications through 09/30/2022.