2023 Global Vaccines and Biologics Commercialization Intern
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in customer-facing commercial or research-based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
The Future Talent Program features internships that lasts up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Manufacturing & Supply Division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
Our Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the manufacturing plants with a “Safety First, Quality Always” mindset striving for continuous improvement. We work in the local plant connected to our global manufacturing network to ensure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates and finished products.
The Global Vaccines & Biologics Commercialization group within Our Manufacturing Division focuses on late-stage process development, technology transfer, and in-line support of vaccine and biologics products. We seek a motivated scientist/engineer to work under technical direction of a group leader to support development and licensure of novel vaccine and biologics candidates and in-line products.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
· Functioning as a key member of the process development team through executing lab-scale process development, in-process assay support, and process scale-up or scale-down of cell culture/fermentation (upstream) and/or purification (downstream) process unit operations.
· Functioning as a key team member to collaborate with commercial manufacturing teams to support facility start-up activities and provide on-the-floor support for drug substance manufacturing, both within the network and at contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs).
· Executing assignments against accelerated, critical-path timelines in a right-first-time manner.
· Authoring technical documents to support Process Performance Qualification (PPQ) and licensure.
· Participating in technical support activities for licensed vaccines and biologics, as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor degree or higher in engineering, science, or related discipline from an accredited college/university
- Candidates must be a current summer intern or co-op, graduating in December 2022 of the current calendar year or Spring of 2023 next calendar year
- Candidates must be motivated and ambitious to discover, develop, and provide innovative products and services that save and improve lives around the world
- Candidates must have strong problem-solving, collaboration, and written and verbal communication skills
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is dedicated to being the most trusted supplier of biopharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create a reliable global manufacturing network that’s devoted to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.