EY-Parthenon - Summer Associate - Generalist
To apply for this opportunity, click here.
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY offers a variety of career paths and opportunities, and with so many options, we understand it can be hard to choose. To have the best candidate experience, we encourage you to apply to no more than 2 positions within a 6-month period.
To learn more about career opportunities, visit Careers at EY (https://www.ey.com/en_us/careers). Prior to completing your application, please be diligent in reviewing the job description to ensure you meet the qualifications for the position.
If we are unable to consider you for this particular position, a recruiter may contact you to gauge your interest in other opportunities at EY.
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and, in the future, – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits.
EY-Parthenon strategy consultants — leading business professionals for the C-suite — team together to answer highly challenging strategic questions on the CEO agenda while delivering full potential impact for our clients. As strategic journey professionals for our clients, providing data-driven strategies through execution, we bring access to leading depth and breadth of perspectives from across our organization, and we deliver on our strategies with tremendous global scale. This combination helps our clients realize their optimal impact and long-term value.
At EY-Parthenon, you can harness the building blocks inherent to our inclusive global culture to build a strategy consulting career as unique as you are. We help solve our clients’ toughest strategic challenges together by valuing our differences and teaming inclusively. Through a diversity of experiences from our strategy through execution capabilities, supplemented with world-class training, you’ll develop the technical skill sets and growth mindset to become the transformative business leader you want to be. At EY-Parthenon, you can make a meaningful impact, your way. It’s your career to build.
As an EY-Parthenon Summer Associate, you’ll participate as a valued member of project teams helping clients address their most pressing strategic challenges. Together with your team, you will work on projects for C-suite clients involving corporate and business unit strategy, execution of high-profile transactions, and/or restructuring and turnarounds.
Over the summer, you’ll be responsible for identifying information sources, assembling data, performing analyses, structuring hypotheses and developing presentations. You’ll be trained in key business concepts and analytical methods immediately upon joining the firm and throughout your EY-Parthenon internship. You’ll also interact with our clients, making this the perfect place to gain firsthand insights into how some of the most well-known brands in the world operate.
Your key responsibilities
Within the EY-Parthenon team, key Summer Associate responsibilities may include:
- Performing secondary research using a variety of sources (e.g., analyst reports, market research reports, news articles)
- Executing various analyses (e.g., customer segmentation, market sizing, competitor analysis, macroeconomic forecasting) to support the strategic recommendations
- Mastering new skills and competencies across industries and functions while directly supporting our client engagement teams
- Keeping abreast of current industry news and trends, while constantly identifying potential risks and opportunities for improvement
- Supporting engagement financial analysis activities, including budget management and tracking
- Reviewing business plans and pro forma financial models to identify key assumptions and drivers
- Developing and delivering project plans while implementing effective approaches for transaction strategy and execution
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- A predicted bachelor’s degree from a top undergraduate institution
- Outstanding academic performance, including coursework relevant to the position, such as quantitative courses in finance, mathematics, business, economics, biologic sciences, or engineering
- Demonstrated interest in related fields through internships, coursework or extracurricular activities
- A strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative research and analysis
- The ability to assess complex situations and business problems to formulate potential solutions for our clients
- The ability and the confidence to establish meaningful relationships with clients and colleagues
- Unwavering integrity, work ethic and flexibility to quickly adapt to new environments/clients
- Proficiency with MS Office, including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word
- Willingness to travel and flexibility to work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- Proficient in the English language, including the ability to listen, understand, read and communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, in a professional environment
- Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective organization and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds – both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
- A competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid-time-off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
- Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
- In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
- Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in person.
EY complies with all local laws and regulations. You can find more information here.
What we offer
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at Customer Support.