2023 IT Emerging Talent Summer Intern Program
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in customer-facing commercial or research- based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated.
The Future Talent Program features internships that lasts up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Information Technology division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
About Our Company’s Information Technology Division (IT)
Apply and become part of a vibrant and diverse tapestry of thinkers, dreamers, and doers. As part of our IT team, you will operate at the intersection of technology, healthcare, and life sciences. Working in teams alongside our experienced professionals, employ your technical, business, and leadership skills to help lead change and innovation. Your work will support the invention of novel life-saving drugs, broaden access to medicines and vaccines to the people who need it, and enable next-generation healthcare solutions through technology.
Our Company has always been and always will be inventing, and we do it for the single greatest purpose: LIFE. Every breakthrough we create has the potential to build a healthier, more hopeful future for people and animals around the world. We have several primary divisions as well as global support functions. Our dynamic, talented IT team members from around the globe partner with our business colleagues to take on the challenge to help answer questions like:
- How can we help doctors enhance their engagement with patients?
- How can we help our scientists more efficiently discover lifesaving medicines?
- How can we gather more accurate data in our clinical trials?
- How can we streamline our supply and distribution channels?
Our Company IT’s Summer Internship Program Description:
Are you versatile, do you have an outstanding record of academic achievement (GPA of 3.0 and above), and demonstrated community leadership? You’ll be perfect for our IT Summer Internship Program!
Potential internship locations include NJ, PA, TX, MA and CA. Please note that no housing assistance is available for these positions. “This is a full-time summer internship position. Housing subsidy is not available as part of this program and must be funded 100% by the student.”
As part of the Information Technology team, your assignment could include a role focused on:
- Cyber Security
- Data and Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Program/Project Management
- Software development
- And more…
Required Experience and Skills:
- Candidates must be currently enrolled BA / BS / BE or master’s student with a major in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Business or Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field not graduating before June 2023
- Candidates must have a passion for using technology for healthcare advancement
- Candidates must be a self-starter with demonstrated campus/community leadership experience
- Candidates must have the ability to work under pressure
- Candidates must have geographic flexibility and willingness to build new skills. Internship may be assigned in various US locations including but not limited to NJ, PA, TX, MA and CA
- Candidates must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US or otherwise authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
- Candidates must have superior communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidates should have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Candidates should be interested in participating in a broad range of work experiences across the information technology division
- Candidates should be able to work independently and in teams
- Candidates should be able to adapt to new roles, responsibilities, and situations
- Candidates should be committed to both their own career development as well as bringing their best to our organization
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is dedicated to being the most trusted supplier of biopharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create a reliable global manufacturing network that’s devoted to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.