Research and Evaluation Intern
Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC): Catalyzing Excellence in Primary Care http://pcdc.org/)
Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity. PCDC is a national community development financial institution (CDFI), with a 29-year history of investing in communities and providing technical assistance to improve health care and the health of the community. PCDC works with primary care providers, policymakers, industry leaders, and other advocates to advance polices that increase access to quality primary care, enabling it to more successfully improve health outcomes, reduce costs and improve health equity.
PCDC seeks a part-time graduate student Research and Evaluation Intern. The intern will assist Manager of Evaluation and Analytics to design and implement program impact evaluation and data management resources across PCDC’s units and assist with data analysis. The intern’s work will support and inform the organization’s work in the areas of technical assistance, capital investment, and policy/advocacy. The intern will support making PCDC’s internal data understandable and actionable, and will assist on projects including analyses of PCDC’s impact, as well as generative research on primary care access in targeted regions of the U.S.
- Assist with the design of and take part in quantitative analyses of PCDC’s existing survey, programmatic, and administrative data to inform various program and planning efforts, evaluation of PCDC’s impact, and improvements in technical assistance delivery, and measure PCDC’s overall impact.
- Draft evaluation tools such as surveys and support maintenance of internal databases
- Support the management of PCDC’s Microsoft Excel-based evaluation databases, aggregating data from various external sources including Census.gov, CDC PLACES, and HRSA’s Uniform Data System (UDS) and mapper.
- Collect, analyze and report on internal and external data, producing graphical representations, models, maps and statistical output using statistical software packages for presentations and decision making.
- Conduct descriptive and statistical analyses in Excel, SAS, and Tableau to support program evaluations and primary care research
- Draft reports and presentations for internal and external audiences, as requested.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Currently pursuing Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics or related field
- Availability to commit to approximately 20 hours per week through December 2022, with the possibility of extension
- Demonstrated analytic experience with Microsoft Excel; must understand how to clean and manipulate data in Excel; ability to create Pivot Tables and Graphs
- Demonstrated applied analytic experience; proficiency in Tableau, SAS, and ArcGIS is preferred; experience with STATA or R or other related packages will be considered in lieu of SAS
- Familiarity with epidemiological data analysis, research design, and program evaluation methodologies
- Familiarity with data management software; experience building databases preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to create and deliver presentations to groups of various sizes.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-starter, able to work independently, with demonstrated ability to learn new material/software
Primary Care Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.