Trading Bootcamp Micro-Internship
WHO WE ARE
Headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade, PEAK6 Capital Management is a proprietary options trading firm that has been in the industry for almost 25 years. While many firms have come and gone, PEAK6 Capital Management consistently delivers liquidity to the options market. PEAK6 Capital Management thrives due to its special blend of financial acumen, ability to manage risk, and cutting-edge technology.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
PEAK6 Capital Management is seeking ambitious students who are looking to showcase their passion for trading and investing. Open to all undergraduate juniors, the PEAK6 2023 Trading Bootcamp is a highly engaging one-week program that will introduce you to financial markets and allow you to work on deploying a real-world trading strategy.
During the Bootcamp, you will be asked an open-ended business question and then work with a small team of peers to deliver a final presentation to firm leaders answering that question. In the process, you and your team will gather data, analyze market conditions, iterate on potential strategies, and collaborate with PEAK6 team members. Throughout the experience, it will be a first-hand look of what a future job in the industry looks like in addition to exploring your interests in the trading world.
What you can expect from the program:
- Weeklong program containing educational sessions, hands-on project work, and access to an industry-leading trading desk
- Collaborative and challenging real-world learning experience
- Opportunity to challenge yourself and learn outside of the classroom, expanding beyond theory and putting knowledge into practice in a tangible way
- Opportunity to receive feedback from seasoned traders on assumptions, mental models, and frameworks
- Networking opportunities with PEAK6 founders, leaders, traders, and other team members
- Fully funded including flights and housing
- Consideration for future full-time employment at PEAK6 Capital Management
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Junior standing with a graduation date between December 2023 and June 2024
- Availability from May 22-26, 2023 or August 21-25, 2023 (two sessions available)
- Curiosity and passion for the markets
- Dedication to learning, personal growth, and career development
- Success in team environments
- Analytical and quantitative ability
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Legal authorization to work in the United States