Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative 2023 Summer Internship candidate to join our Animal Health Formulation Development-Packaging group located at our North Brunswick, NJ facility. As an intern, you will help design and execute plastic packaging material characterization and compatibility experiments to accelerate research and development projects.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to formulation development projects in needs of packaging materials recommendation.
- Design & conduct polymeric packaging material characterization, compatibility study, container closure integrity study and support on packaging filling as needed.
- Responsible for data evaluation, data analysis and conclude next steps to solving problems.
- Collaborate with formulation scientist on new formulation and primary packaging design.
- Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
- Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
- Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.000 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
- Major must be related to the field of internship.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- BS, MS or PhD in Polymer science, Chemistry, Packaging science, Material science or related program. Previous flexible packaging or plastic industry experience is preferred.
- Hands on experience in packaging testing and polymeric material characterization including DMA, FTIR, DSC, Instron and microscopy.
- Good technical skills and judgement with training in laboratory safety and procedures
- Proficient in Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Good communication skills in both written and verbal.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status; domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.