Princeton NuEnergy ("PNE") is a U.S.-based innovative clean-tech startup company spun out from Princeton University in 2019 and focused on the direct recycling of lithium-ion batteries (LIBs) from electric vehicles (EVs) and consumer electronics. PNE's recycling technology produces high-quality cathode and anode materials from spent LIBs via direct separation, purification, and repair. Currently, we’re opening our winter internship program for potential candidates to apply. This is an on-site paid intern position in our Bordentown, NJ R&D laboratory. This is an immediate opening with 3 months of project duration. We may accommodate the successful candidate’s time arrangement weekly.
As an R&D intern, you will be able to work with top-minded scientists and researchers in lithium-ion battery direct recycling technology. You will be building knowledge in varieties of LIBs (including LCO, LMO, LFP, NCM, or NCA), and getting strong hands-on experiment, analytical, and electrochemical capabilities. The selected candidate will also be able to accumulate research and entrepreneurial experiences and witness the progress of a new technology being evolved from a lab, pilot scaling-up, to commercialized manufacturing.
WHAT YOU WILL BE WORKING ON?
- Provide support to scientists, engineers, and technicians within our R&D lab
- Collaborate with other team members to perform a variety of electrochemical testing and experimental plans utilizing general instruments and lab equipment
- Prepare basic samples, materials, equipment, and other required tools for laboratory tests or development
- Perform basic calculations and data analysis, conclude results, and effectively communicate these results with the supervisor and team members
- Complete research and development processes, tasks, results, reports, and conclusions
- Clean, maintain and calibrate standard equipment and maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE IS SOMEONE
- Currently pursuing master’s or doctoral degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science and Engineering, or other related fields of study from an accredited institution
- Prior research experience in the laboratory setting environment, including but not limited to hands-on in scientific experiments, tests, and data collection protocols, and knowledge about analytical laboratory equipment
- Organized, detail-orientated, with excellent communication skills, strong problem-solving, analytical, and critical mindset
- Strong career goal in the scientific and engineering field
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- This is an on-site position in Bordentown, NJ
- Able to work in the research lab environment and wear personal protective equipment including dust mask, respirator, safety shoes, gloves, and safety glasses/face shield
- Able to lift & carry up to 25 pounds
- Able to stand, walk, and use hands to operate objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands or arms; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch when necessary for job activity
Princeton NuEnergy, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status under federal, state, and local laws.