Sustainability Intern at IFPA
The International Fresh Produce Association (IFPA) is offering paid, 10-week project-based IFPA Career Pathways Summer Internships that explore subjects relevant to students' academic studies through hands-on experience with IFPA and the produce industry. The orientation and wrap-up weeks are in person at IFPA offices, and the other 8-weeks are online. There are three available internships:
Sustainability & SciTech Interns will support the Science and Technology unit, working in collaboration with Food Safety, Research, and Government and Nutrition Policy interns. Interns will gain firsthand experience of industry sustainability issues, science and technology solutions, regulatory and legislative policies, public and private investment, and related issues impacting
PROJECT EXAMPLES, but not limited to:
- Sustainability Case Studies. Interview the members and write a case study.
- Research work for the Fresh Produce Research Center to identify prospective researchers
- Develop a list of terms and definitions related to sustainability and/or create a comprehensive USA based list of outlets for produce with short shelf life.
- Work collaboratively, applying knowledge and skills, to complete assigned projects
- Build technical, leadership and communication skills
- Develop emotional intelligence, problem solving and accountability competencies
- Get firsthand experience of IFPA, the industry and its career opportunities
- Benefit from structured peer-to-peer networking sessions, which, combined with the direct engagement with industry members and a personal ‘career ambassador,’ contribute to a robust learning environment
The program offers a Total Stipend of $4,400 for the 10-Weeks. This part-time internship requires approximately 20 hours each week and is tentatively scheduled to begin the week of May 15th and conclude July 17th. Travel costs for in-person meetings, accommodations, and other outlined expenses will be covered by IFPA, as is a laptop and internet service for those who need it.
Applications will be accepted through Friday, February 10th. Interested applicants who possess minimum qualifications for this position must first create an account to continue to the IFPA 2023 Summer Internship Application. For more details, please review the Sustainability Internship Job Description which includes detailed application instructions.