Sales Engineering Intern (Engineering & Science Majors)
Use your technical degree in a way you never thought possible! Join Stepan Company, a leading specialty chemical manufacturing company, as a Technical Sales & Marketing Intern within our Commercial organization. This internship does not include company paid housing.
The rotational internship program will introduce you to the following functions within Stepan Surfactants division:
- Inside and Field Sales
- Business Development
- Market Management
- Business Management and Analytics
- Marketing Communications
- Research & Development and New Product Innovation
Come learn about Stepan’s businesses, core chemistries and the markets we serve. Understand how each department is integral to our customers and the continued growth of our company. You will be assigned a special project specific to one of our commercial areas and apply the skills, technologies and strategies learned during your rotation. You will have a formal project sponsor, prepare a final research report and present it to a Stepan Commercial Leadership Team.
- Participate in selling, marketing and technical acumen trainings
- Investigate a market of interest to Stepan
- Shadow an R&D chemist and see how our specialty ingredients work in a variety of applications
- Visit one of our largest manufacturing facilities
- Build positive and collaborative relationships with other Stepan interns and employees!
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficiency in full Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Interns will be considered as potential candidates for our full-time Stepan’s Technical Sales Trainee Program.
- College Juniors obtaining a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry required
- Minor or classwork in business, marketing etc. a plus
Established in 1932, Stepan Company is a major manufacturer of basic and intermediate chemicals including surfactants, polymers, as well as specialty ingredients that go into consumer, household, and institutional products such as laundry detergents, shampoos, and surface cleaners. Stepan Company currently has 20 global manufacturing locations and over 2,000 employees. We have a strong record of growth. Our growth allows us to provide meaningful career opportunities and stability to our team members. We have big goals at Stepan and know every team member will be crucial to achieving our objectives. Regardless of function, we are looking for team members who bring with them a growth mindset, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to thrive in an evolving environment.
We celebrate diversity at Stepan and are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.