Intern, Global Case Management
At Biogen, our mission is clear - we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Together, our employees create, commercialize, and manufacture transformative therapies for our patient population.
We at Biogen are committed to building on our culture of inclusion and belonging that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients who we serve. We are focused on strengthening our foundation to advance our overall Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) strategy and, most importantly, ensure all our employees feel included.
As an intern or co-op at Biogen, you can expect to be placed on a real project, under the guidance of experience professionals and subject matter experts who are invested in your career and academic growth. We also ensure that you have plenty of opportunities to build your network, learn more about our organization through weekly lunch and learns led by leaders from across the company, and join us for several fun events.
This application is for a 12-week internship role from June - August 2023. Resume review begins in January 2023.
You will work within Global Safety and Regulatory Sciences (GSRS) Global Pharmacovigilance (GPV) Operations to support the multiple sub-functions that exist including but not limited to Case Processing Oversight (CPO), Clinical Trial Safety, Individual Case Safety Report (ICSR) Processes, and Adverse Events of Special Interest (AESI). You will work mainly with the CPO and ICSR Processes teams to ensure processes and procedures are up to date in accordance with industry standard practices, global regulatory expectations, and Biogen standards. You will also support the teams' efforts for organizational change management, procedural updates, data entry guideline creation and training materials for the Biogen Global Safety Database up-version project. You will also perform ad-hoc assistance to other sub-functions as they arise throughout the internship.
The key learning objective is for you to become familiar with principles of pharmacovigilance and understand the operational and oversight aspects required for an organization to be in compliance with global PV regulations and guidance.
- Conduct user testing in the global safety database
- Create and update controlled documents
- Develop training materials such as slide decks and other resources
- Actively participate in team meetings
- Participate in process improvement projects
To participate in the Biogen Internship Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Detail orientated with analytical skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic learner
- Be able to work independently as well as within a team setting
- Have strong organizational and time-management skills
- Give attention to detail in executing tasks and keeping notes of activities performed
- Ability to understand, analyze, and clearly present data
- Basic knowledge of common data processing software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
Undergraduate student pursuing a degree in pharmacy, nursing, or other relevant healthcare or life science discipline.