Intern, Global Materials Management
At Biogen, our mission is clear - we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Together, our employees create, commercialize, and manufacture transformative therapies for our patient population.
We at Biogen are committed to building on our culture of inclusion and belonging that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients who we serve. We are focused on strengthening our foundation to advance our overall Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) strategy and, most importantly, ensure all our employees feel included.
As an intern or co-op at Biogen, you can expect to be placed on a real project, under the guidance of experienced professionals and subject matter experts who are invested in your career and academic growth. We also ensure that you have plenty of opportunities to build your network, learn more about our organization through weekly lunch and learns led by leaders from across the company, and join us for several fun events.
This application is for a 12-week internship role from June - August 2023. Resume review begins in January 2023.
The Global Materials Management team is a group within Biogen’s Global Supply Chain organization that is responsible for all GMP materials planning, site scheduling and warehouse management activities. We also lead projects to optimize materials management processes through innovative and pioneering ways with a goal of improving raw material inventory levels and process flows. Our team has a direct impact on our internal and external customers by ensuring we have material whenever and wherever it is needed.
Centralize Cleaning Supplies for Bio and Pharma site to reduce inventory levels and logistics workload across sites.
- Biogen is focused on utilizing the Oracle system and removing reliance of manual transactions to improve business processes around materials management. In this role, you will analyze data and develop a process to optimize Biogen’s raw material inventory and safety stock levels by supporting/leading in the below areas:
- Determine supplier variances in delivery time to Biogen
- Determine planned vs. actual usage of raw materials within manufacturing
- You will lead a project to enhance business processes to guarantee data integrity within Oracle ERP system. Having accurate data within Oracle will help ensure a robust planning tool to allow for more streamlined planning and procurement process. As a part of this project you will analyze existing data in the system to confirm the Oracle planning tool is operating as expected.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with excellent analytical skills
- Customer service and relationship management skills
- Must have excellent attention to detail, time management, organization and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Draws from past experiences to develop solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness.
To participate in the Biogen Intern or Co-op Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Enrollment in a full-time undergraduate or graduate program, returning to the academic program following Biogen Intern or Co-op assignment
- Minimum grade point average of 3.2 preferred
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Completed at least one year of undergraduate studies
- The ideal candidate is pursuing a degree in Business, Engineering or Life Science related courses (i.e., Chemical Engineering, Bio Manufacturing & Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Supply Chain or similar)
Research Triangle Park, NC