Intern, Global Quality
At Biogen, our mission is clear - we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Together, our employees create, commercialize, and manufacture transformative therapies for our patient population.
We at Biogen are committed to building on our culture of inclusion and belonging that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients who we serve. We are focused on strengthening our foundation to advance our overall Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) strategy and, most importantly, ensure all our employees feel included.
As an intern or co-op at Biogen, you can expect to be placed on a real project, under the guidance of experience professionals and subject matter experts who are invested in your career and academic growth. We also ensure that you have plenty of opportunities to build your network, learn more about our organization through weekly lunch and learns led by leaders from across the company, and join us for several fun events.
This application is for a 12-week internship role from June - August 2023. Resume review begins in January 2023.
The Biogen Global Quality organization ensures raw materials, drug substances, drug product, and packaged finished goods are compliant with good manufacturing practices (GMP) and regulatory agency standards prior to release to markets around the world. These positions will include responsibilities related to analytical laboratory testing using cutting edge techniques and technologies, enhancing and streamlining training, and working on digitalization efforts within Quality. The position is located in Research Triangle Park (RTP), North Carolina with requirements to be onsite and flexibility for occasional remote work.
Global Quality is looking for interns across several departments. This application is for all four of these roles, and you will be considered for all positions.
You will work in a team with daily activities including definition of project strategy, training, attending team meetings, and laboratory activities. Internships will conclude with a poster presentation of project achievements.
- Play a key role to implement emerging laboratory instrumentation, create training materials, develop analytical methods, or other aspects of laboratory testing support within a GMP environment.
- Executing a column life expectancy project alongside a senior QC Analyst
- Creating and implementing a process for disposal of Drug Substance and Drug Product Retains
- Catalog documents related to the Biogen risk register, Data Process Maps, and Quality Agreements
- QC Digitalization project, including embedding process workflows, intake form prioritization and tracking project milestones.
- Creatin of training guides
The ideal candidate should be:
- Eager to learn and be open to collaborate with QC members and the broader cross functional groups
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Preferably have knowledge of industry specific quality & regulatory requirements and some level of understanding about the Biopharmaceutical industry
- Highly motivated, able to work independently as well as part of team
- Self-starter with ability to take the initiative and drive processes
- Strong multi-tasking, problem solving skills and necessary persistence to work around “road blocks”
To participate in the Biogen Internship Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
Applicant must be actively completing a bachelor’s degree (preferably in a science field) and have completed at least their first year of undergraduate degree. This is not available to anyone that has already completed their undergraduate degree.
Research Triangle Park, NC