Intern, Human & Organizational Performance
At Biogen, our mission is clear - we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Together, our employees create, commercialize, and manufacture transformative therapies for our patient population.
We at Biogen are committed to building on our culture of inclusion and belonging that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients who we serve. We are focused on strengthening our foundation to advance our overall Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) strategy and, most importantly, ensure all our employees feel included.
As an intern or co-op at Biogen, you can expect to be placed on a real project, under the guidance of experienced professionals and subject matter experts who are invested in your career and academic growth. We also ensure that you have plenty of opportunities to build your network, learn more about our organization through weekly lunch and learns led by leaders from across the company, and join us for several fun events.
This application is for a 12-week internship role from June - August 2023. Resume review begins in January 2023.
The Human and Organizational Performance team aims to create and sustain systems and practices that enhance reliability and safety in our operations. To do this, we identify ways to maximizes the human contribution to successful performance, while also proactively managing risks that may be present. There are principles and practices that enable these outcomes and build resilience; Human and Organizational Performance leverages these to help teams anticipate, monitor, respond and learn from their operations.
In this role, you will help the organization continue to build maturity in human performance principles and practices by contributing to the following:
- Creating Hu educational materials and communications to be shared with operations.
- Maintaining and improving Hu communication sites, web spaces, videos, posters and resources
- Development of a strategy to manage or close aged open records in the open reporting system.
- Assist in the communication, creation, roll out, and sustainment of a Hu community of practice, which may include scheduling events, organizing content, and sending communications.
- Assist in creation of data visualizations (probably via PowerBI) from our knowledge sharing database (DevonWay).
- Execute improvements to the Hu training strategy by organizing courses, curriculums, assignments and partnering with the Learning Department to implement.
An interest in project management, communication, training, data analytics, or human factors is preferred. The role will require experience with Microsoft Office suite, such as PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook. The candidate should demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, be organized, self-motivated, and able to work on multiple small projects at a time.
Seeking the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office suite, such as PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, can work on multiple tasks at a time, self-motivated
Prefer any of these additional abilities:
- Experience with PowerBI or other data visualization software
- Proven project management or communication success
To participate in the Biogen Internship Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
Interest or majors in project management, industrial engineering, biotechnology, human factors, safety, training, data analytics, or communications would best fit this role.
Hybrid - Research Triangle Park, NC