Nonprofit Consulting Remote Externship in Collaboration with PwC
Nonprofit Consulting Remote Externship
STRATEGY & CONSULTING
Gain strategic consulting skills by tackling real problems from nonprofit organizations.
Externships are offered in collaboration with PwC and its signature community program, Access Your Potential. Access Your Potential is part of PwC’s signature community programs to help reach societal equity by helping provide clearer paths to career and economic advancement.
In this externship program, students will learn strategic consulting skills to analyze and evaluate challenges from nonprofit and social justice organizations using consulting frameworks, in an overall effort to help them solve their important problems. Selected individuals will be paired with a specific organization and dive into some of their problems, such as development, impact assessment, process improvements, talent engagement, communication, and strategic positioning. Throughout this externship program, professionals from PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) will provide mentorship and coaching.
- Learn about the strategic consulting process and how to help create value for a nonprofit or social justice organization based on their vision and mission
- Research and develop an understanding of a given field
- Analyze complex problems ranging from fundraising and development, stakeholder management, impact measurement, as well as use consulting frameworks to help identify problem areas and propose solutions
- Learn to gather, analyze, and visualize data to inform problem areas and possible solutions
- Create and deliver a compelling presentation to a nonprofit or social justice organization that incorporates valuable insights, trends, and recommendations
- Ambitious undergraduate students with an interest in consulting, strategy, and nonprofits or social justice organizations. This program is for students who would like to understand the consulting profession while generating ideas to help impact nonprofits or social justice organizations.
Apply by August 7, 2023
Submit your application as soon as you can.
Part-time and fully remote
This Externship is a 10-hour-per-week fully remote experience where all meetings and events are recorded.
Externship starts August 21, 2023
This remote Externship will last 7 weeks.
As part of its Access Your Potential signature community program, PwC is sponsoring these externships, which include student stipends to those who successfully complete their externships.
Required Academic Standing
This Externship is open to undergraduate students only.
This Externship is open only to applicants attending a college or university located in the United States.
Academic Credit Offered
About Access Your Potential
Access Your Potential is PwC's program designed to support a more equitable future for Black and Hispanic/Latinx college students by helping them to prepare for their future careers. Access Your Potential provides an ecosystem of learning and connections for Black and Hispanic/Latinx college students, across all fields of study, as they explore their future careers. When you sign up, you'll have the opportunity to access free, engaging, immersive and high-demand digital and career readiness training, mentoring, events, and career pathways across many organizations. Sign up here.
How a Remote Externship Works
After sending in your application, we'll reach out if we think you're a good fit. You'll send in a "Get to Know You" video and then participate in a live interview.
Week 1: Onboarding
During the first week of the program, you'll be setting goals for what you want to achieve in the upcoming weeks and familiarizing yourself with the industry, our platform, and your cohort.
Weeks 2-5: Research & Analysis
During the regular programming of the Externship, you will receive training and complete projects through our student platform. These exciting weeks are filled with weekly meetings, company meetings, student-led workshops, and virtual events like speaker series and networking sessions.
Present to Host Company
Top students will be selected to present their projects and findings to company leads and other senior leadership.