Neurodiversity Hiring Initiative - Business Intelligence Specialist
Specialisterne is Recruiting!
Specialisterne connects qualified neurodivergent candidates to employment opportunities in numerous industries and sectors in Canada and the US.
To apply, you will have experienced barriers getting and/or maintaining meaningful employment and identify with one of the following:
- Autism (including Asperger’s and PDD-NOS)
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) or Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Learning Disability (e.g., dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia)
- Intellectual Disability
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Tourette Syndrome
Specialisterne USA is proud to partner with Goldman Sachs on a Neurodiversity Hiring Initiative.
At Goldman Sachs, the crux of our efforts is a focus on cultivating and sustaining a diverse work environment and workforce, which is critical to meeting the unique needs of our diverse client base and the communities in which we operate.
Descriptions of the roles are provided below. Applications must be submitted in full no later than Sunday, June 11, 2023 at 11:00 PM EST.
Business Intelligence Specialist Intern (Tax Operations)
10 Week Internship
Target Start Date: July 2023
Salt Lake City (on-site)
8:00am - 5:00pm
Are you looking to join a highly visible, professional and global organization operating in a dynamic environment? Our Tax Operations team is seeking an experienced, energetic and driven professional to work with a diverse team across the globe in supporting the ongoing build out of our Business Intelligence (BI) assets and capabilities.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Tax Operations is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the firm’s compliance with reporting authorities around the globe and managing related inquiries from a variety of the firm’s businesses across established and emerging markets. Day-to-day team functions include accurate and timely account documentation and monitoring, withholding, client information reporting, and regulatory filings. The team also provides critical subject matter expertise and functionally-aligned support during the design, testing and implementation of related systems and processes. The team capitalizes on opportunities to optimize procedures and build scalability through data analytics and efficient use of technology.
In this job, employees:
- Are responsible for data analysis of processes and procedures:
- Develop workflows to analyze and store process data for our Tax Operations functions
- Create dashboards and ad-hoc analyses to support management decisions regarding business strategy and assist in the firm’s compliance with tax documentation, withholding and reporting requirements.
- Create resilient, well-documented assets as part of our Business Intelligence architecture
- Are responsible for the automation of repetitive manual data preparation and creation of structured workflow:
- Use Alteryx (data cleaning and data blending tool with data science capabilities), and workflow tools to automate repetitive data preparation – where identical steps are taken periodically to combine datasets, clean datasets, and filter datasets
General Skills and Abilities - You are:
- Analytical, self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills
- Able to communicate clearly and accurately with end users, development managers, and other stakeholders
- Able to communicate with stakeholders through written or verbal communication
Digital/Technical Skills - You have the following skills:
- Basic skill level with data querying using SQL
- Basic skill level with data blending and data analysis in order to identify inefficiencies, reduce risk and optimize client experience using tools such as Alteryx, KNIME, pandas, PowerBI
- Basic skill level with data visualization using tools such as Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI, matplotlib
*How Specialisterne defines skill levels:
- Basic - I can do this in simple situations with close or extensive guidance
- Between Basic and Intermediate
- Intermediate - I can do this in most situations, with occasional guidance
- Between Intermediate and Expert
- Expert - I can do this in exceptionally difficult situations with no guidance and I can be a key resource for others.
Education/Knowledge - You have:
- A graduate or undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, or Engineering
Experience (Professional, Academic, Personal) - You have:
- Experience working with SQL RDBMS
- Experience in gathering and documenting requirement
Here’s how frequently the following types of communication and interaction are required to perform the job:
- Oral communication: Daily
- Email communication: Daily
- Instant messaging: Hourly
- Telephone communication: Weekly
- Video communication: Weekly
- Interacting with supervisors: Daily
- Interacting with peers: Daily
Here’s what can be stressful on the job:
- Meeting deadlines
- There can be ambiguity in problem statements that need to be solved
Here’s what is attractive about the company/role:
- This job is all about using creativity to solve business problems
- The employee will gain exciting exposure to Business Intelligence
- Specialisterne and our employer partners are committed to providing inclusive onboarding experiences and supporting new employees as they learn on the job
- All new hires continue to liaise with a Specialisterne Workplace Support Manager for their first twelve weeks on the job
The Recruitment Process
To be considered for this position, you won’t be interviewed by the employer. Instead, here’s how it works:
- Apply to the job: This will involve completing an online questionnaire as well as submitting their resume to Specialisterne USA.
- Join our talent pool (if you haven’t already): Complete a talent pool questionnaire and a “Workplace Skills Inventory” (about your situation, job skills and how you work best), and a pre-employment assessment (this is an additional way to show your job skills/abilities instead of interviewing).
- Create a job-specific Candidate Profile: If you meet the qualifications of the role, our talent acquisition team will give you access to your Candidate Profile. You will use it to answer job specific questions and/or complete a work sample exercise to showcase your skills for this role.
*This program is only available for those who self-identify as being autistic or neurodivergent. For Specialisterne, this includes self-identification with the following: Autism (including Asperger’s and PDD-NOS), Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) or Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Learning Disability (dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia), Intellectual Disability, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), and Tourette Syndrome.*