Neurodiversity Hiring Initiative - Business Intelligence Specialist
Specialisterne is Recruiting!
Specialisterne connects qualified neurodivergent candidates to employment opportunities in numerous industries and sectors in Canada and the US.
To apply, you will have experienced barriers getting and/or maintaining meaningful employment and identify with one of the following:
- Autism (including Asperger’s and PDD-NOS)
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) or Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Learning Disability (e.g., dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia)
- Intellectual Disability
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Tourette Syndrome
Specialisterne USA is proud to partner with Goldman Sachs on a Neurodiversity Hiring Initiative.
At Goldman Sachs, the crux of our efforts is a focus on cultivating and sustaining a diverse work environment and workforce, which is critical to meeting the unique needs of our diverse client base and the communities in which we operate.
Descriptions of the roles are provided below. Applications must be submitted in full no later than Sunday, June 11, 2023 at 11:00 PM EST.
Business Intelligence Specialist Intern (Global Markets Control)
10 Week Internship
Target Start Date: July 2023
Salt Lake City, Utah (on-site)
8:00am - 5:00pm
- The team is seeking a skilled professional who will provide business insights for data driven decisions.
- In this role, you will apply your quantitative, problem solving and client service skills to support the various business units and clients.
- You will also play a key role in suggesting and implementing process improvements for the team to mitigate risks and enhance the overall client experience.
- The position includes helping drive the strategy of an evolving organization and partnering with stakeholders to meet the needs of the business to manage risk of multiple functions that span the life cycle of a trade.
- This includes regular interaction with various middle office teams and other divisions of the Federations such as Controllers, Technology, Legal and Compliance.
- Operations is at the core of Goldman Sachs. For every trade agreed, every new product launched, or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that enables business to flow.
- The Operations business partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world.
- Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation. Operations span all product lines and markets.
In this job, employees:
- Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the trade lifecycle by interacting with the business, middle office, and engineering teams in order to work toward a shared goal
- Use innovative skills to identify ways to continually improve processes
- Mitigate risk for the firm and our clients by securely delivering data and insights to stakeholders
- Partner with engineering teams to develop scalable business processes to support our clients
- Develop BI solutions across Control Operations using tools such as Alteryx, SQL, Tableau, and R/Python
- Manage prioritization and stakeholder engagement to maximize delivery towards established business goals
General Skills and Abilities - You are:
- Analytical, self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills (this role is all about using business intelligence metrics, looking at problems, developing solutions and making improvements)
- Able to work within a high-risk environment and meet challenging deadlines and targets
- Able to communicate clearly with end users, development managers and other stakeholders
Digital/Technical Skills & Tools - You are skilled at:
- Data querying using SQL (basic)
- Managing and extracting data using Excel (Intermediate - e.g., you should be comfortable/proficient using pivot tables and V-lookups)
The following tools are essential on the job. Experience with them is an asset, but not essential (employees will be trained):
- Alteryx and ETL tools
- Data visualization tools such as Tableau
*How Specialisterne defines skill levels:
- Basic - I can do this in simple situations with close or extensive guidance
- Between Basic and Intermediate
- Intermediate - I can do this in most situations, with occasional guidance
- Between Intermediate and Expert
- Expert - I can do this in exceptionally difficult situations with no guidance and I can be a key resource for others
Education/Knowledge - You have:
- A graduate or Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, or Engineering, econ, finance, MBA, OR, are in the process of completing it
The following is not required, but considered an asset:
- Practical knowledge of/experience with Project Management/Agile methodology
Here’s how frequently the following types of communication and interaction are required to perform the job:
- Oral communication: Hourly
- Email communication: Hourly
- Instant messaging: Constant
- Telephone communication: Infrequency
- Video communication: Daily (camera’s preferred)
- Interacting with supervisors: Daily
- Interacting with peers: Daily
- Interacting with customers: NA
- Selling or influencing others: NA
- Training or teaching others: Infrequently (peers/teammates)
Here’s what can be stressful on the job:
- Meeting deadlines
- There can be ambiguity in problem statements that need to be solved
Here’s what awesome about the role:
- This role provides tremendous opportunities to learn
- This role has the ability to make a positive impact on the team
- Specialisterne and our employer partners are committed to providing inclusive onboarding experiences and supporting new employees as they learn on the job
- All new hires continue to liaise with a Specialisterne Workplace Support Manager for their first twelve weeks on the job
The Recruitment Process
To be considered for this position, you won’t be interviewed by the employer. Instead, here’s how it works:
- Apply to the job: This will involve completing an online questionnaire as well as submitting their resume to Specialisterne USA.
- Join our talent pool (if you haven’t already): Complete a talent pool questionnaire and a “Workplace Skills Inventory” (about your situation, job skills and how you work best), and a pre-employment assessment (this is an additional way to show your job skills/abilities instead of interviewing).
- Create a job-specific Candidate Profile: If you meet the qualifications of the role, our talent acquisition team will give you access to your Candidate Profile. You will use it to answer job specific questions and/or complete a work sample exercise to showcase your skills for this role.
*This program is only available for those who self-identify as being autistic or neurodivergent. For Specialisterne, this includes self-identification with the following: Autism (including Asperger’s and PDD-NOS), Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) or Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Learning Disability (dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia), Intellectual Disability, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), and Tourette Syndrome.*