Public Health Internship (@ Polk County Community Services Division)
Public Health Internship (@ Polk County Community Services Division) in Balsam Lake, WI - shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
Job Type Details: Paid internship
Summary: This internship is designed to offer students direct exposure to their current coursework in public health or related fields. Students can expect to gain on-the-job experience to support their educational and professional goals.
Essential Duties: The duties represent the typical duties and responsibilities assigned to this position to offer student support and direct exposure to their current coursework will include, but not inclusive of all tasks performed.
- Collaborate with the Health Educators and Public Health leadership to support Polk County public health initiatives and goals
- Represent Polk County Public Health at community events including: farmer’s markets, fairs, festivals, etc.
- Disseminate community health outreach materials. Topics may include: nutrition, exercise, mental health, and substance use prevention.
- Provide administrative support including data entry and maintenance of program files.
- Is expected to demonstrate curiosity and interest community health.
- Is a self-starter; enjoys working autonomously and completes projects on time.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Honesty & Integrity - Contributes to maintaining the integrity of the organization; displays high standards of ethical conduct and understands the impact of violating these standards on an organization, self, and others; is trustworthy.
- Accountability – Assumes responsibility for successfully accomplishing work objectives and delivering results; setting high standards of performance for self and others.
- Quality Customer Service & Community Relations - Anticipates and strives to meet the needs of both internal and external stakeholders (employees, contracted staff, residents, families, and other internal and external clientele). Delivers high-quality services; is committed to continuous improvement. Communicates/interacts with members of the public and other key stakeholders in a way that elicits positive response and participation.
- Written and Verbal Communications – Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Self-Management - Assumes responsibility for successfully accomplishing work objectives and delivering results; sets highs standards of performance; organizes and plans for task accomplishment in a manner that maximizes efficient performance.
- Leveraging Technology - Competency in Microsoft Office, Internet searching and electronic health records
Must be a student currently in or graduated from an Associate's, Bachelor's or Master's Program in a related field.
Must have a valid Wisconsin driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Work is sedentary in nature performed within the Government Center or satellite offices/other campus locations.
- Lifting requirement is 25 - 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Wrist and finger manipulation due to filing, compiling, calculating, or computer work.
- Equipment used may include, but is not limited to: computer, scanner, printer, keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier and fax machine.
- Additional physical/mental requirements that occur may not be listed above but are inherent in performing the position's essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to:
Outside weather conditions