SALES DEVELOPMENT - SUMMER 2023
DUTCHESS COUNTY/NYC OFFICE –SALES DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP
The Shark Group is a marketing consulting firm that offers branding solutions for its world‐class clients of top brands and celebrities founded by Daymond John, CEO & Founder of FUBU and star of ABC’s hit business show Shark Tank. It has perfected the methods to ingrain companies, brands, and products into the social consciousness. Using product integration, sponsorships, licensing and unique events, it organically promotes products in the hottest music videos, on the most popular television shows, and with the most influential celebrities.
With over 30 years in the licensing industry focusing on brand extensions, The Shark Group has developed multi-million-dollar programs with major fashion brands. Our powerful network of strategic partners— maintained at the senior level of our business—cross industries including apparel, electronics, sports, publishing, beverages, accessories, footwear, and entertainment.
As a Sales Development intern, you will work directly with the Sales Development Manger developing competencies in sales, client development, customer service and product development. Your sales efforts will be put towards Daymond on Demand, which is Daymond John’s online business mentoring program for entrepreneurs. Training will be provided on-site. YOU WILL BE CALLING REAL ENTREPRENEURS DURING THIS INTERNSHIP!!
Qualifications: Candidates must possess the following skills and abilities:
- Sales, Marketing, Communications, and/or Business Administration majors preferred
- Must be comfortable on the phone (Cold calling experience preferred but not required)
- Must have a passion / interested in pursuing career in sales
- Prior customer/client service experience preferred but not required
- Highly functional computing and social media skills, with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with knowledge of both Mac and PC platforms
- Strong business writing and editing skills
- Solid organizational, analytical, logical reasoning, oral and written presentation skills
- Ability to speak and convey an idea and plan
- Must be personable and comfortable around celebrities and top executives
Responsibilities/ Projects/ Assignments:
Interns will be exposed to a variety of projects and assignments throughout the course of their internship, in line with their educational goals and career interests. Some of these responsibilities, projects, and assignments have been provided below:
- Support the Sales Development Manager in any and all aspects of day-to-day operation of division
- Inbound and Outbound cold calling potential leads
- Helping our Customer Service department and solving client issues
- Prospecting potential leads
- Assist in the preparation or revision of client correspondences, status reports, improving business writing skills in the process
- Assist the department staff with other special projects, as needed
- All candidates must be currently enrolled in a college or university and be able to receive credit for your internship at Shark Branding, and provide us with a proof of enrollment and eligibility
- All candidates must be local to the New York, Dutchess County area and or commute to the Dutchess County offices
This is an unpaid internship; however, a $10 daily travel stipend will be provided.
The Shark Group is in compliance with all State and Federal labor laws and guidelines.