Solar Energy Technologies Office (SETO) Fellow – Paid Internship
SALARY RANGE: $50,000 - $85,000 (and up - dependent on education and experience)
- Competitive stipend
- Health insurance allowance
- Up to $5,000 relocation reimbursement
- Up to $10,000 research materials and travel allowance
- Federal Holidays observed
- Hybrid Telework Schedule Options
Apply today! Deadline is July 15th! https://www.zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/DOE-EERE-STP-SETO-2023-2100
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) Science, Technology and Policy (STP) is seeking to develop the future leaders in energy efficiency and renewable energy policy. The EERE STP appointments provide an opportunity for highly talented scientists and engineers to participate in policy-related projects at DOE's Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy in Washington, DC.
The Solar Energy Technologies Office (SETO) drives research, manufacturing, and market solutions to make the abundant solar energy resources in the United States more affordable and accessible for Americans.
Applicants selected as a participant will join the SETO team responsible for carrying out activities critical to SETO’s technology mission. For more information about the SETO, visit https://www.energy.gov/eere/solar/solar-energy-technologies-office . This Fellowship will last one year, with the opportunity to renew for additional years at the discretion of the sponsoring office. SETO applications are reviewed (and offers are made) after July 15th. Recommendations are due July 18th - Recommendations must be received by 11:59pm EST in order for your application to be considered. The application review process takes approximately 3-4 months.
What will I be Doing?
As a member of the team, you will engage and interact closely with Solar Energy Technologies Office (SETO) staff and National Laboratory scientists on research and development of technology for building systems integration and optimization to produce significant energy savings in the commercial real estate market. During your appointment, you will undergo a full immersion experience in SETO’s technical projects and activities, interacting with experts in academia, industry and at the national labs. You may also engage with other programs at the Department of Energy and across the Federal government.
The learning and professional development opportunities include:
- Stakeholder Engagement. Engage with DOE staff to build and maintain relationships with strategic partners working on emerging tech, technology for building systems integration, and energy efficiency programs.
- Technical Expertise. Engage with DOE staff to provide feedback and/or recommendations on strategic progress or course correction for a variety of technical projects relating commercial and private energy efficiency products/technologies and solutions.
- Creative Vision. Engage in strategic planning for technology research and development, reviewing, recommending, and implementing projects that advance the SETO mission, resulting in measurable, and trackable alternative energy developments.
- Communication. Engage with DOE staff to prepare and present written and oral briefings and reports to senior program staff, DOE leadership, external partners, and industry stakeholders
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident.
- Be currently pursing, or have completed requirements for, a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD.
Questions? Email DOE-RPP@orise.orau.gov. Please list the reference code [DOE-EERE-STP-SETO-2023-2100] for this opportunity in the subject line of your email.